Released on June 10 2019.
The Elder Scrolls Online v5.0.8 includes several fixes for the Guild Finder system and resolves the issue with pets not being affected by battle leveling (this includes the pet used with Blastbones). Also included are some crash fixes and other items involving housing, quests, UI, and more. The size of this patch is 88.6MB.
Elsweyr Fixes & Improvements
Combat & Gameplay
- Pahmar-raht can no longer be killed using the Blade of Woe. Sorry.
Exploration & Itemization
- All Repair Kits found in Half-Digested Adventurer's Backpacks will now be Grand Repair Kits. While the Adventurers who were devoured by Dragons were decidedly not Grand, you can’t fault their taste in Repair Kits anymore.
Quests & Zones
- Battle for Riverhold: Fixed an issue if you ran very far away from Zamarak while he was kneeling at a shrine to consecrate it, he wouldn't receive a trigger to get back up once it was done (leading it to appear like he got stuck or despawned somewhere along the way). Zamarak, you have failed this city!
- Jode's Core:
- Fixed an issue where Zamarak wasn't helping you fight Euraxians unless you pulled them within melee range.
- Fixed an issue where you wouldn't get a door pin over Cadwell's exit portal after completing the activity.
Combat & Gameplay
Combat & Abilities
- Player pet damage will now match the values in their tooltips. This means abilities such as Blastbones will now scale properly from levels 1-49.
- Ground targeted abilities will now work after weapon swapping while still channeling a Lightning or Restoration Staff heavy attack.
- Characters will no longer appear to teleport while using movement abilities unless they are a true teleport, such as Teleport Strike or Ambush.
- Fixed an issue where some monsters that were supposed to be locked in place would instead turn to face your character. This fixes many gameplay issues, particularly with cone and Area of Effect based attacks, most evident in Trials but found throughout the world.
Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Alliance War & PVP
- Picking up a Relic, Elder Scroll or Volundrung while crouched, hidden or stealthed will now force you out of crouch/stealth.
Crown Store & Crown Crates
- Updated the Summerset Collector's Pack Bundle description to say "DLC" instead of “Chapter”.
- Fixed an issue where both the Anvil lighthouse and the lighthouse inside the Enchanted Snow Globe home would have unusually insubstantial walls on the first floor exterior. These walls have regained their physical presence, and you can no longer walk through them.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pets and their owners die at the same time, particularly affecting Blastbones.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when Maw of the Infernal's Daedroth leashed back to the caster and despawned.
- You will now receive an appropriate error message when attempting to use a Keep Recall Stone to travel to a town while holding Volendrung, because you can’t do that.
- Fixed an issue where the guild history was displaying accepted players as Unknown instead of using their correct username.
- Reduced the default message size of the edit box to match the expected text size of a decline message.
- Fixed an issue where the number of guild applications on the guild recruitment side did not match the actual number of applicants.
- Being promoted to a rank where you can manage guild applications or blacklists will now occur immediately instead of requiring logging out and back in.
- You will now receive an alert when promoting/demoting a member of the guild.