Released on November 12 2018.
The Elder Scrolls Online v4.2.8 includes some fixes to help address the current issues in Trials, in addition to improvements for performance on the Mac game client. The size of this patch is approximately 77MB.
Combat & GameplayEdit
Combat & AbilitiesEdit
- Major Expedition's visual effects will no longer become stuck on player characters.
- Developer Comment: This change should improve performance in environments with heavy effects (Trials, AvA, etc.) when multiple players are applying Major Expedition.
- Fixed an issue where spamming cast time or channeled abilities, such as Puncturing Strikes or Dark Flare, would cause a delay to occur between each cast of those abilities.
Base Game Fixes & ImprovementsEdit
Alliance War & PVPEdit
- You will no longer be dismounted when jumping out of the spawn locations in Istirus while mounted.
Exploration & ItemizationEdit
- The Arena Gladiator's Mockery now properly indicates that it consumes 30 Gladiator's Proofs, rather than 50.
- Fixed an issue where portions of the Lakemire Xanmeer Manor would disappear when viewed from certain locations.
- Fixed a crash that would occasionally occur during combat.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when viewing the Journal.
Mac Game Client
- Significant improvements have been made to Mac client performance across the game.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't claim a daily reward on the last day of the month.
- Fixed an issue where selecting a specific quality in a Guild Store would return items with that quality and above.
- Fixed an issue where EVENT_MOUNTED_STATE_CHANGED was not being sent when the player was hard dismounted.