Released on May 07 2018.
The Elder Scrolls Online v4.0.3 contains many fixes for Summerset quests and the Trial, adjustments to the sourcing of Jewelry traits, several fixes for abilities and item sets, the addition of the new Pyandonean Motif, and more. In this patch, we've copied over all PC/Mac European megaserver characters and removed the previously-available North American characters. High level templates are still available for use. The size of this patch is approximately 1.43GB.
New Features / Updates / Big ChangesEdit
- Pyandonean Motif
Fisherfolk across Summerset have started reporting unusual bottles showing up in their catch. These bottles are of Pyandonean origin, and appear to contain crafting materials intended for Maormer agents in Summerset. Preliminary reports of their contents include:
- The Jewelry Dust Material Shipment now contains only raw materials for Jewelry Crafting, not refined materials. It also contains itself, allowing you to easily create infinite Jewelry Crafting material.
- Removed Jewelry Trait items from the Crafter's Materials Crate, as these can already be found in the Traveled Crafter's Crate.
Imperial City Fixes & ImprovementsEdit
Alliance War & PVPEdit
- Aldmeri Dominion Wardens can no longer use Frozen Gate on other player characters to pull them into their spawn location in the Memorial District.
Morrowind Fixes & ImprovementsEdit
Quests & ZonesEdit
- Divine Inquiries: Fixed some issues where you could be double credited during certain steps of this quest.
Orsinium Fixes & ImprovementsEdit
Quests & ZonesEdit
Summerset Fixes & ImprovementsEdit
Art & AnimationEdit
- The Gryphon's tail will no longer clip through his skin while resting.
- Fixed an issue where a seam could be visible on the spikes of the Yaghra.
- Fixed the collision on various structures & walls to prevent you from seeing into empty space or other areas in the structure.
- Improved various structure collision to aid with placement of furnishings.
- Improved the collision on tables so they no longer appear to float.
Combat & GameplayEdit
- Citizens of Summerset have received numerous updates to ensure they fight correctly.
- Humanoids throughout Summerset are now more accurately vulnerable to the Blade of Woe.
- Monsters throughout Summerset now correctly interface with loot and gameplay according to what they are.
- Improved the look of Yaghra Larvae.
- Improved the visual effects that displays on a player character affected by Gloam Knight abilities.
- Coral Crab
- Flying Crabs no longer arrive inside their targets.
- Increased the visibility of the Healing Waters interrupt indicator.
- Gloam Knight
- Shade Impulse is now easier to avoid.
- Normalized the damage dealt by Gloam Knight abilities.
- Added a grounded indicator to help you target Gloam Knights with ground targeted abilities.
- Shade Impulse now explodes more violently.
- Reef Viper
- Fixed an issue where Constricting Strike would fail to line up with your position.
- Sload no longer fail to animate into portals summoned by Cognitive Dissonance before they teleport.
- Mental Manipulation now causes the pearl to explode if it strikes a player target.
- Pearls moved by Mental Manipulation now move more quickly or more slowly according to how far the pearl is from where it is going.
- Hallucinosis area effects no longer cause anyone caught in them to twitch violently until they escape.
- Mind Blast now correctly interfaces with players who block its damage.
- Yaghra Larvae
- Improved the look of Explosive Toxins.
- Yaghra Spewer
- Yaghra Spewers no longer use Strafe.
- Yaghra Monstrosities
- Tocochlea now summons exploding Yaghra with greater frequency.
- Tocochlea is no longer cast if the Monstrosity has too many minions.
- Fixed an issue where Pustulent Eruption could damage targets outside the indicated radius.
- Fixed an issue where Impale would not animate.
Psijic Order Skill Line
- Concentrated Barrier: Fixed an issue where the damage shield applied by this passive could stack and multiply with itself if you had any bonuses to damage shield strength.
- Crushing Weapon (Imbue Weapon morph): This morph now heals you for 25% of the damage done, up from 15%.
- Imbue Weapon:
- This ability and its morphs now refund their costs if you do not use a Light Attack within 2 seconds of casting them.
- Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 5%.
- This ability and its morphs no longer work with Overload Light Attacks.
- Meditate: Fixed an issue where you could channel this ability and its morphs while sneaking.
- Mend Wounds:
- This ability and its morphs are now toggled abilities. While toggled on, your Light and Heavy Attacks are permanently replaced with healing abilities that can be used on allies.
- Increased the healing done by the Light Attack from this ability and its morphs by approximately 400%.
- Reduced the cost of the Light Attack from this ability and its morphs by approximately 20%.
- Reduced the speed of the projectile of the Light Attack from this ability and its morphs.
- Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could be used to generate Ultimate out of combat.
- Time Stop: Increased the cast time of this ability and the Borrowed Time morph to 2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
- Caanerin: Fixed an issue that would display generic icons for some of Caanerin's abilities.
- Gryphon Run: Fixed an issue that would cause the Gryphon Group Boss event to reset pre-maturely.
Crafting & EconomyEdit
- Several of the fires in Wasten Coraldale can now be used for Provisioning.
- The Outfit Station in Alinor can now be used.
- Based on player feedback, we've updated the sourcing of various Jewelry Traits.
- Jewelry in the Triune Trait can now be found in Gladiator's Rucksacks, obtained from Conquest Board dailies in Cyrodiil. The trait item, Dawn-Prism, can be purchased from War Researchers in Cyrodiil for 100,000 AP per unit.
- Jewelry in the Bloodthirsty Trait can now be found rarely in the weekly quest reward boxes of Trials. The trait item, Slaughterstone, will be found in those same reward boxes the rest of the time.
- Jewelry in the Harmony trait can be found rarely in the Undaunted Reward chests located in the Undaunted camps near alliance capitals. The trait item, Dibellium, can be found in Daily Dungeon LFG reward system mails.
- Jewelry in the Protective Trait can now be obtained by completing the Summerset main quest and Psijic Order quest lines. (A Ring is obtained for completing Summerset's main quest, while a Necklace is obtained for completing the full Psijic Order quest line.) The trait item, Titanium, can be found rarely in precious metal seams all over Tamriel, but are found more often in seams found on Summerset.
- The tooltip on Jewelry trait materials now refer to crafting jewelry instead of crafting armor.
- The tooltip for rank 2 of the Platings Expertise passive no longer refers to resins instead of platings.
- Corrected the icons of several new furnishing plans where the icon appeared to be of a different quality than the furnishing plan.
Dungeons & Group ContentEdit
- You can once again use the cart to travel to Cloudrest for the quest "Checking on Cloudrest".
- Belarin will no longer be so engrossed in her bowl and pestle work so as to continue this work when speaking to you.
- The achievement "Misery Loves Company" is now correctly awarded only on Veteran difficulty.
- The Shadows of the Welkynar will now use their powers of shadow manipulation to teleport to the ground when assisting Z'Maja, rather than jumping from their perch and potentially getting stuck in the air.
- The Shed Hoarfrost synergy now appears more reliably.
- When the Hoarfrost area of effect appears on the ground, Surging Hoarfrost will damage anyone in its immediate radius. The damage does not apply to the player shedding Hoarfrost.
- You will no longer occasionally lose your target when attacking either Z'Maja or the Welkynar Gryphons while in melee range.
- The Sudden Gust, Cyclone and Birds Eye View abilities cast by the Shadow Gryphons now apply a Leeching Shadow effect that deals damage over time.
- The area effects of the Birds Eye View and Sudden Gust abilities cast by the Gryphons no longer apply a stun to players that are CC immune.
- In Veteran difficulty, exposed Malevolent Cores will now cast Shadow Flare at player characters within the Shadow World.
- Malicious Spheres now always release Malicious Strike projectiles when destroyed.
- Increased the time you have to close the Shadow World gateway during the battle against Z'Maja.
- The Shade of Z'Maja's Dark Detonation now takes longer to cast.
Exploration & ItemizationEdit
- Updated the description of the Divine Prosecution Outfit Styles to account for the Divine Prosecution Conversion upgrade.
- Added "Scrawled Note to Lorne" to the Eidetic Memory collection.
- Using the Sea Sload Doral Fin will now force you to sheathe your weapons.
- Many of the citizens of the Summerset isles were walking about with empty pockets. Their pockets are now heavy with valuables, so do them a favor and lighten their load if you get the chance.
- The "Regal Sauna Pool, Two Person" furnishing wasn't quite ready, and will appear in a future update instead of in Summerset. Saunas found outside of houses across Summerset will also no longer allow you to sit in them, although we plan to bring this back in the future.
- The "Cocoon, Enormous Empty" furnishing no longer appears to float when aligned to a surface.
- The "Jewelry Crafting Station (Shacklebreaker)" furnishing is now correctly categorized when viewed in the housing editor.
- Alinor Crest Townhouse
- Slightly adjusted the rooftop boundaries of this home to prevent you from becoming trapped.
- Adjusted a number of items in the furnished version of this home to no longer appear to float slightly above the floor.
- Adjusted the furnishings in this home to improve the lighting. This involved moving some furnishings around, as well as making minor changes to the behavior of certain lights.
- Made minor adjustments to the furnished version of this home to avoid overlapping furnishings with the safe location.
- Adjusted the lighting in the interior of this home to avoid noticeable changes in the color of the interior during different times of day.
- Colossal Aldmeri Grotto
- It will no longer rain in covered areas in the grotto.
- Fixed an issue where the pews in this house were facing backwards.
Quests & ZonesEdit
- The map of Shimmerene now displays a Legend.
- The Innkeeper of The Shrewd Brew in Lillandril has been renamed to Lady Sarah.
- All of Ealaren's House is now considered trespassing.
- Fixed an issue where you could become stuck in a prone position after looting a Thieves Guild Dead Drop.
- Although the Psijic's are masters of time and metaphysics, it's still not wise for Undeya to be in the same room as herself at the same time. One of them just had to leave before a horrible time paradox occurred.
- You will no longer revive in Ebon Stadmont Woods from the overland if you choose to Wayshrine upon your character's death.
- Made numerous fixes to VO, typos, and NPC movements.
- Reduced the overall number of monsters (fewer, but more robust monsters) and removed some monster abilities to improve performance.
- Improved the look of smaller Geysers throughout the zone.
- Monsters spawned by Abyssal Geysers are no longer so eager to return to where they spawned.
- Acolytes of Bedlam are now immune to being fed upon by Vampires.
- Fixed an issue where you could witness screen shakes when far away from the Abyssal Geyser event.
- Removed the duplicate of Justicar Avanaire that could spawn in Tor-Hame-Khard.
- A Duelist's Dilemma: Fixed a quest pin location on the quest step "Collect an Altmer Dueling Foil".
- A Necessary Alliance: If you leave the Cathedral of Webs before completing the tasks, you can now get back in.
- A New Alliance:
- You will no longer hear a voice throughout the Ceporah Tower after the start of the quest.
- You can no longer interrupt Raz when he is speaking to the Proxy Queen in the throne room. It's the throne room after all – good manners must be observed!
- A Tale of Two Mothers:
- The quest will now advance from "Find Arathel" to "Kill Mirulen" sooner.
- Hostile mobs can no longer go through the door to Mother's Den.
- Buried Memories:
- Logging out after retrieving the staff will no longer block your quest progress.
- Fixed an issue where you could target an invisible NPC in K'tora's Mindscape or get around K'Tora's memory walls.
- You will no longer get sent to the Mind Plane if you log out and back in after having completed the steps there.
- Crafting Certification: You will now be directed to Millenth in the Fighters Guild to complete your crafting certifications.
- Illusions of Grandeur:
- Logging out on the step to follow Erudil will no longer block your quest progress.
- You can no longer fight the Illuminated One through the windows of the adjacent room. That's cheating!
- Lauriel's Lament:
- Fixed an issue that caused your map to not display properly in a part of the Direnni Acropolis.
- Keeper's Flame no longer appears to be interactable when it, in fact, is not.
- The quest step "Take the Keeper's Flame" can now be shared with group members.
- Lost in Translation:
- If you abandon the quest, you will now be automatically teleported out of Evergloam instead of being trapped in a Daedric realm.
- Fixed an issue where losing the Golden Knight in the final area would occasionally cause him never to re-appear, thus blocking your quest progression.
- Fixed an issue where the last event of this quest would sometimes get stuck and not advance. (Yes, we're vaguebooking. Don't want to ruin any surprises!)
- Manor of Masques:
- Fixed an issue where the camera could zoom in too much when speaking with Alchemy.
- You will now be able to tell when Grand Maestro Forte is speaking.
- Old Wounds:
- Fixed an issue where your progress could become blocked if you logged out on the quest step "Take the Arrow".
- The step to find the sickle can now be shared with group members.
- Savage Truths: The note quest items can now be shared among group members.
- Storming the Walls:
- Your progress will no longer be blocked if you open the secret door before Pandermalion unlocks it.
- Pandermalion will now spawn more reliably if you log out and back in during the quest.
- The Crystal Tower:
- Fixed an issue where relogging into the room with the moving bridge would cause the bridges to become invisible.
- Fixed an issue where trying to pick up a Dawnbreaker while in a group could sometimes fail without giving a message as to why.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused followers to vanish.
- If your character dies to the final form of the boss at the top of the Crystal Tower, you will no longer have to re-fight the earlier stages when you resume the fight.
- Adjusted the balance of the fight atop the Crystal Tower to make is less punishing.
- Reduced the damage for some attacks.
- Some monsters at the top of the Crystal Tower no longer stick around as the fight resets.
- Nocturnal's Shadow Ward no longer continues to cause damage after it is destroyed.
- Fixed an issue if you relogged during the last fight, your quest progression could become blocked.
- You will no longer become trapped at the top of the Crystal Tower after the boss is defeated if you're not actively on the quest.
- The Dreaming Cave:
- Group members late to the party will be advanced to the appropriate step of their group when in the Spiral Skein.
- Fixed an issue where two Valsirenn's could sometimes appear at the same time.
- The Ebon Sanctum:
- Fletch will now flee properly.
- Andewen will now use the portals of Ebon Stadmont properly.
- Daedra at the inscriptions are now much more alert and will not spawn in stunned.
- Fixed an issue where Daedric attacks at the inscriptions stones could become stuck if your character died during combat.
- The Hulkynd's Heart: Fixed an issue where your progress could become blocked if you killed the Indrik before Cur lead you to it.
- The Queen's Decree:
- You can no longer talk to Calibar after he bestows the quest. He's far too interested in running away.
- Dead prisoners in the Undercroft will no longer display full health or as Neutral.
- You can no longer interrupt Val's examination of the pearl in Aldarch's office.
- The quest will no longer advance beyond the quest step "Investigate the Monastery" if you leave by the Monastery front doors.
- The Resolute Sentinels:
- Fixed an issue where logging out before speaking to Sapiarch Hannayel would block your quest progress.
- Valsirenn will now assist you during combat in the College of Sapiarchs.
- The Taste of Fear: The step to reverse the Attunement Ritual can now be shared with group members.
- Wasting Away: The step to find the keys can now be shared with group members.
- Fixed a minor issue where Summerset Treasure Maps would not have the "Treasure Map" label in the top-left of their tooltip.
- Implemented the final versions of a number of icons.
Combat & GameplayEdit
Combat Fixes & ImprovementsEdit
- Ardent Flame
- Daedric Summoning
- Bound Armor: Fixed an issue where the buff from this ability and its morphs could stack.
- Restoration Staff
- Infectious Claws: Fixed an issue where you could dodge this ability and its morphs.
Itemization & BalanceEdit
- The Bloodthirsty jewelry trait now increases your damage done to low health enemies by 10% per jewelry piece, down from 20%.
- The Infused jewelry trait will now properly update the tooltips of all enchantments applied to the jewelry piece.
Itemization Fixes & ImprovementsEdit
- The Health tooltip value from the Triune jewelry trait will now display the correct value.
- Fixed an issue where some perfect versions of the new Trial item sets did not have an extra 5-piece stat bonus.
- Arms of Relequen: Fixed an issue where the damage over time effect from this item set was not stacking correctly.
- Bone Pirate's Tatters: Fixed an issue where the Max Stamina from this Item Set's 5-piece bonus was not increasing your damage done with Stamina abilities.
- Jorvuld's Guidance: This item set no longer displays its visual effect every time you weapon swap into it.
- Jorvuld's Guidance: Fixed an issue where this item set was not increasing the duration of the Major Courage buff category.
- Mantle of Siroria: Updated the visual effects of this item set.
- Vestment of Olorime: Fixed an issue where your allies could not see the visual effects from this item set.
Base Game Fixes & ImprovementsEdit
Alliance War & PVPEdit
- You will no longer be dismounted while traversing various terrain or fixtures near Keeps.
- Updated the UI pins for the Pit Daemon and Storm Lord Relics in the Deeping Drome.
- Added Waxed Enchanter's Parcels to the possible contents of the Gladiator's Rucksack. These new parcels contain three sets of matched Runestones, which have a chance to include Kuta Runestones.
Art & AnimationEdit
- Fixed an issue that was causing the sky transition to the Dark Anchor effect to snap instead of transition smoothly.
Combat & GameplayEdit
- Battlemage: Ice Cage now more accurately describes its effective area.
Crafting & EconomyEdit
- Fixed an issue where a Polymorph's visuals could temporarily override parts of your Outfit while at an Outfit Station.
- Fixed an issue where helms would not appear when applied via an Outfit.
Exploration & ItemizationEdit
- The Juggler's Knives now correctly disappear even if you walk through a door while juggling.
- Your house map will no longer show group member pins if they are in a different instance of the house you are in.
- Fixed an issue where certain furnishings would have a jagged outline glow when selected.
- Updated the maps for the Erstwhile Sanctuary and Earthtear Cavern to better indicate where the borders of the playable space are.
- Sealed a small gap in one of the walls of Cliffshade.
- Fixed a number of commonly occurring game crashes.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the depth of field to not apply blur correctly.
- Disabled the account watermark that was previously visible on your screen.
- Fixed an issue where some elements on the Announcement window would incorrectly grey out.
- Fixed an issue where characters would be less clothed than expected during character creation.
- Corrected a number of typos in loading tips.
- Fixed an issue where clicking directly on item icons in crafting windows did not actually select them.
- Updated the crafting tutorial to indicate that there are now seven tradeskills.
- Fixed an issue in the Crown Store where the text could overlap on a product tile.
- Clarified the error message that occurs when attempting to gift a collectible to someone who already has the collectible.
- Fixed an issue where selecting some products from the Announcement window would not properly locate it in the Crown Store.
- Fixed an issue where the quest tracker could display overlapped text.