- 1 Known Issues
- 2 Template Updates
- 3 Imperial City Fixes & Improvements
- 4 Shadows of the Hist Fixes & Improvements
- 5 Thieves Guild Fixes & Improvements
- 6 Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Released on September 12 2016.
The Elder Scrolls Online v2.6.1 is an incremental patch on the PTS that has a number of fixes involving One Tamriel and dueling. We've also made adjustments to some of the Weapon Ultimates based on your feedback, fixed a number of itemization-related issues, and more. The size of this patch is approximately 1.15GB, and we appreciate all the feedback and bug reports so far!
- Potion Boost enchantments are currently boosting potion durations by incorrect amounts.
- Fixed an issue where the Vampire Lord Weapons bag was mislabeled as jewelry.
- Added a variety of new consumable Crown Store offerings to the PTS templates for testing.
Imperial City Fixes & Improvements
Dungeons & Group Content
- Imperial City Prison
- Ibomez will now correctly run to the pool and call forth inmates regardless of where he is fought in the room.
Exploration & Itemization
- Fixed an issue that caused recipes to drop slightly less often than intended in Imperial City Prison and White-Gold Tower.
- Renamed Bone Shards to Key Fragments.
- The Daedric Embers key fragment is now correctly labeled a Key Fragment in the tooltip, instead of being labeled as a Trophy.
- Fixed an issue where Key Fragments would not drop in Imperial City Prison and White-Gold Tower.
Shadows of the Hist Fixes & Improvements
Dungeons & Group Content
- Cradle of Shadows
- Trap sections will now always have a path available that will aid you in avoiding the traps.
- Ruins of Mazzatun
- Shaking off the spice near a player character channeling Rite of Passage or its morphs will no longer cause the spice to disappear while leaving Xal-Nur enraged.
Thieves Guild Fixes & Improvements
Combat & Gameplay
- Poison Archer
- Reduced the damage dealt over time by Poisoned Arrow.
Exploration & Itemization
- Changed the names of the boxes you receive for completing the weekly quest at the Maw of Lorkhaj. Now, when you complete the quest, you'll either obtain a Dro-m'Athra's Burnished Coffer (on Normal mode) or Dro-m'Athra's Shining Coffer (on Veteran mode).
- Reading the book "A Call for Common Hair" will no longer complete the entirety of the Handbills, Posters, and Decrees category in Eidetic Memory.
- Reading the Prisoner Transfer document will no longer complete the entirety of the Military Orders and Reports category in Eidetic Memory.
Quests & Zones
- Forever Hold Your Peace: You can once again pick Lord Wallavir's pockets for the invitation associated with this quest.
Base Game Fixes & Improvements
- You can once again access the third floor from the Chalman and Ash Milegates.
- Fixed an issue where flags would not transfer ownership to the Alliance which owns a Keep.
- Fixed a cooking fire just south of Vlastarus that couldn't be used.
- Alliance Points are no longer rarely earned during duels.
- Invites for a duel can no longer be offered to a resurrecting player character.
- The Battlespirit buff now properly appears on both player characters simultaneously when a duel begins.
- Duels will now result in a forfeit if a player character exits the boundary during a duel.
- You will no longer get stuck in a duel if you log out, leave the area, or die before the duel officially begins.
- Leaving the dueling radius now properly clears all duel-related messages.
- Dueling flags can no longer be targeted by players or abilities, either inadvertently or purposefully.
- Adjusted the duration of Alliance Draughts to ensure each effect lasts longer than it would on a dropped potion. Crafted potions remain the strongest potions available.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Unstoppable effect on Alliance Health Draughts from functioning correctly.
Combat & Gameplay
- Fixed an issue where you could generate Ultimate with heavy attacks from a bow without actually hitting a target.
- Blur: Fixed an issue with this ability and its morphs that was causing the visual effects to pop out rather than fade out.
- Destruction Staff
- Impulse: Fixed an issue where Rank 1 of this ability could not critically strike.
- Elemental Storm:
- Decreased the length of time for this Ultimate to 6 seconds from 10 seconds.
- Doubled the damage done per hit.
- Icy Rage will now immobilize targets affected by the storm instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a chilled effect.
- Fiery Rage now deals 10% additional damage instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a burning effect.
- Thunderous Rage now increases this ability's duration by 2 seconds instead of granting a 100% chance to apply concussion.
- Fighters Guild
- Soul Magic
- Shatter Soul (Soul Strike morph): Increased the explosion damage by 50%.
- Soul Strike:
- This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be blocked.
- You will now be immune to CC while channeling this ability.
- Increased the damage from this ability by 15%.
- This ability now prevents your target from entering stealth and invisibility for 2 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where XP gained from monsters was not being awarded correctly.
- Standardized various differences with monsters found in different areas or situations.
- For example, previously Titans found in public dungeons did not have more health than Frost Atronachs in public dungeons, but Titans in delves did have more health than Frost Atronachs.
- All boss monsters now drop gold, regardless of whether they have pockets.
- Child of Bones, found in the tutorial, has been made less threatening.
Boss Monster Abilities
- Lonely Papa, Alik'r Desert
- Reduced the damage from Crushing Quake, Heavy Stomp, and Thunderous Swing.
- Thunderous Swing now waits half a second before damaging player characters, and display an area telegraph to indicate their effective radius.
- Snapjaw, Auridon
- Reduced the stun duration from Rending Leap to 6 seconds from 8 seconds.
- Snapjaw no longer attempts to devour player characters who are not stunned by Rending Leap.
- Snapjaw no longer removes debuffs from himself when a target breaks free of Rending Leap while he is devouring a target.
- Successfully devouring a target will now heal Snapjaw for each half second the target is devoured.
- Dayarrus, Bangkorai
- Ogrim no longer award XP when killed.
- Trapjaw, Glenumbra
- Impending Storm now waits a half second before damaging nearby player characters.
- Impending Storm's interrupt telegraph has been made more visible.
- Impending Storm is no longer immediately followed by another attack.
- Blocking Sweep has been made more intuitive.
- Charge no longer stuns Trapjaw if it fails to connect with a target.
- The telegraph from Charge now correctly indicates its effective radius.
- Slightly reduced the flight speed from Trapping Bolt.
- Trapping Bolt no longer targets player characters behind Trapjaw.
- Trapping Bolt now has a longer cast time.
Crafting & Economy
- Improved the balance of resource nodes between various zones. Node density should now be roughly equivalent between all zones.
- Fixed an issue where Intricate Shields were not providing the additional Inspiration or crafting materials expected of an Intricate item when deconstructed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented poison solvents from dropping in many locations.
- Snakeblood now properly reduces the durations of negative effect potions once more.
- Crafting writ quests can once again be picked up in Craglorn.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the crafting writ turn-in sites in Craglorn from displaying quest markers correctly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players with access to Orsinium from picking up Alchemy writ quests if their Solvent Proficiency passive was Rank 6 or 7.
- Fixed an issue where the quest tracker for crafting writs and crafting certifications would not always update correctly after crafting all the required items.
- The containers awarded for completing crafting writs no longer indicate their level, as they all showed up as level 1.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Skinchanger style from being craftable.
- Fixed an issue that caused rich ore nodes at survey sites to glow based on the "Keen Eye: Rune Stones" passive instead of the "Keen Eye: Ore" passive.
- Furrier's Traps now correctly scale to your level or the Tailoring passive, instead of scaling to the original level of the zone they are found in.
- Fixed an issue that allowed more nodes than intended to spawn at survey report sites.
- Fixed an issue that caused rich nodes at clothier survey sites to scale based on your Blacksmithing passive rank, instead of your Tailoring passive rank.
- Fixed an issue that caused rich ebony nodes to not drop ebony ore most of the time. These nodes are once again as rich as they claimed to be.
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain collectibles from functioning correctly. You may now remove adornments using the "Bald and Clean Shaven," "No Accessory," and "No Jewelry" collectibles, if you possess them.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain Facial Hair collectibles to interact poorly with pre-existing facial hair.
- Updated the descriptions of the Jungle Striping and Jungle Stripe Headwrap collectibles to better match their appearance.
- Fixed an error with the Crown Lethal Poison's duration calculation, which caused them to scale in strength with the level of the target instead of the level of the user.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Monsters will correctly reset after all player characters have been defeated.
- Blackheart Haven
- Fixed an issue where Hollow Heart was not dropping proper loot.
- City of Ash I
- Golor the Banekin Handler will now respawn properly if he becomes stuck.
- You can now actually use the door to exit the dungeon.
- Dark Ember can no longer be pulled out of her combat area, and will respawn properly if she becomes stuck.
- City of Ash I will now display the appropriate name when the map is viewed.
- The map pin for the City of Ash I Hard Mode scroll is now in the correct location.
- The Infernal Guardian can no longer be pulled out of his combat area.
- Rothariel Flameheart will now respawn properly if he becomes stuck.
- Crypt of Hearts I
- Dogas the Berserker and The Mage Master will no longer occasionally reset once he has been killed.
- Crypt of Hearts II
- You can now actually use the door to exit the dungeon.
- Darkshade Caverns I
- Kwama Scribs now do damage more reliably.
- Elden Hollow I
- Fixed an issue where some bosses in Elden Hollow would drop their uniquely named item at incorrect qualities, and those items would not scale up past level 50.
- Quest pins for Consuming Darkness will now appear correctly when viewed from the Grahtwood map.
- Elden Hollow II
- Dubroze and Dark Root will now more reliably display a boss health bar when they are engaged.
- Kargand will stop appearing in strange places at strange times… probably.
- Fungal Grotto II
- You will now be teleported out of Mephala's realm correctly prior to the Spawn of Mephala's death.
Exploration & Itemization
- Updated the names of many Quest Reward items that have become part of Item Sets to better match the name of their sets.
- Drinks found or stolen as stand-alone objects or from furniture now scale to CP 160, instead of stopping at CP 50.
- Updated the levels at which crusty bread and crusty sweet rolls drop to more closely mirror your progression.
- Fixed an issue where the Elegant Shield was not dropping with the Impenetrable trait.
- Non-humanoid boss monsters now drop gold, the same way humanoid boss monsters do.
- Changed the names of items in the Skirmisher's Bite set (to reflect its new name of Senche's Bite), and the Necromancer set (for its new name, Robes of the Withered Hand).
- Fixed an issue that prevented several monsters in Craglorn from dropping appropriate loot for One Tamriel.
- Updated the icons and descriptions of the "Trapjaw Stalker" and "Gathongor Hunter" achievements to reflect changes to these two group bosses.
- Correct several minor typos in the descriptions of various achievements.
- Added achievements for learning all the chapters of the Celestial, Draugr, and Yokudan motifs.
- Fixed an issue where completing the requirements for the "Volenfell Assassin" and "Volenfell Survivor" achievements were incorrectly granting achievements for Crypt of Hearts II instead.
- Fixed an issue where completing the speed run for Crypt of Hearts I would unlock the speed run achievement for Arx Corinium instead.
- Amberplasm: Changed the name of this item set to Amber Plasm.
- Berserking Warrior: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus now grants you 400 Critical Strike rating (stacking up to 5 times) when you deal melee damage, up from 172 Critical Strike rating (stacking up to 5 times) when you deal damage with a Two Handed ability.
- Coat of the Red Mountain: Changed the name of this item set to Shadow of the Red Mountain.
- Defending Warrior: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus now deals 4000 Magic Damage when it procs and heals you for 100% of the damage done, up from 2580 Magic Damage and no healing.
- Destructive Mage: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus now deals 7500 Magic Damage when it procs, up from a small variable amount of Oblivion Damage based on your stats. We also reduced the cooldown to 10 seconds from 20 seconds.
- Healing Mage: This item set is now a 5-piece item set, and the bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the Weapon Damage of any enemy within 10 meters of you for 3 seconds when you cast an area of effect healing ability, instead of reducing the Weapon Damage of enemies in your area of effect heals.
- Ice Heart: Fixed an issue where this item set could proc off itself.
- Poisonous Serpent: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus proc now deals 6800 Poison Damage when it procs, up from 860 Poison Damage. We also increased the chance to proc to 25% from 20%.
- Twice-Fanged Serpent: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus proc now grants 1000 Physical Penetration (stacking up to 5 times), up from 430 Physical Penetration (stacking up to 5 times).
- Updated the quest rewards for the weekly Craglorn Trial quests to the correct sets intended for One Tamriel.
- Fixed an issue where loot from certain bosses in the Aetherian Archive and in Hel Ra Citadel would not scale below CP10.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the final boss of Sanctum Ophidia to occasionally not drop a jewelry set item when killed on Veteran mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Air Atronach and the Welwa Master in Hel Ra Citadel had their loot switched. After a wacky set of sitcom-esque hijinks, their loot has been returned to their rightful owners, and no life-lessons of any value were learned.
- Fixed an issue where the Berserking Warrior item set would drop in Bows, Destruction Staves, and Restoration Staves. Since the set only procs on dealing melee damage, the set will now only drop in Armor, Jewelry, Melee Weapons, and Shields.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect number of items were occasionally awarded when stealing from furniture. This was sometimes higher than intended, and sometimes lower than intended.
- Stealable items no longer display a level (since they didn't have a level to begin with).
Quests & Zones
- Fixed an issue where some quest rewards in Alik'r were of the incorrect quality. The Mantle of Honor is now green, while Suturah's Hubris is now blue.
- Made various balance changes, both in overland and delves, to even out the difficulty between the different areas.
- Anka-Ra events will no longer get stuck where the Priest cannot die.
- Magicka Attunement now correctly provides Minor Ward and lasts an hour, up from 15 minutes.
- Monsters in Elinhir Sewerworks are now as difficult as other group delve monsters in Craglorn.
- Nirncrux Infusion now correctly provides Minor Resolve and lasts an hour, up from 15 minutes.
- Yokudan Might now correctly provides Minor Berserk and lasts an hour, up from 15 minutes.
- The Fallen City of Shada: Fixed an issue where the quest pins associated with this quest would appear on the Craglorn map rather than inside Shada's Tear.
- Alvur Baren is no longer erroneously associated with the Order of Scryers.
- The Undaunted Merits no longer reference the Mages Guild.
- Daily quests from the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Bolgrul of the Undaunted now correctly advance their achievements.
- Fixed an issue that caused the food and drink found in the Undaunted Merits container to occasionally be much lower level than intended. * This food and drink now scales with you all the way up to CP 150.
- Potions found in the Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Undaunted Merit containers will now be White quality instead of Grey quality, and will follow the same level progression as other potion sources.
- Consuming Darkness: Fixed an issue where the quest pins associated with this quest would appear on the Grahtwood map rather than inside Elden Hollow.
- Soul Shriven in Coldharbour: Items from the Sealed Urn scale to your level at the moment you open the urn.
- The Tharn Speaks: Fixed an issue where you could not complete the conversation with Abnur Tharn while standing inside Norvulk Ruins or Knife-Ear Grotto after discovering all of the recordings.
- Tomb Beneath the Mountain: Improved the reliability of the quest pins and compass directions while you're down in the caves.
- Added final icons for many of the new items and achievements that previously shared a placeholder icon.
- Quests with special callouts for group, solo, dungeon, and Trials will now display icons in the quest tracker and center-screen messages.
- Subtitles no longer collide with the player interact prompt.
- Removed the Public Dungeon label on several zones that were incorrectly categorized.
- The hotkeys to accept the legal agreements will now function again.
- The Settings window will no longer get stuck on the screen if the Server Select window is opened while the Settings window is open.
- Added a message in the inventory screen confirming that "Stack All Items" has been applied.
- Quest pins will now properly direct you while inside a dungeon and looking at an exterior map.
- Fixed the tooltip for Elden Hollow II in the Dungeon Finder.
- Fixed an issue where the group leader's name would be a different color than other group member names in the group member unit frames.
- Updated the visual style of the repeatable quest icon to better distinguish it from normal quests.
- Fixed an issue where the announcement for featured products would not appear.
- Fixed an issue where you could attempt to purchase individual products contained in a bundle.
- Removed the crossed swords that would appear when members of different alliances dueled.
- Fixed an issue where the group channel would not appear in the text chat menu.
- Fixed an issue where text chat would only display the last 10 messages instead of the last 200.
- Fixed an issue where some health bar options were improperly gated based on nameplates being activated.
- Quest tooltips now update properly when the active quest changes.
- The quest icon now appears on the same line as the title in the map tooltip for quests.
- The Submit button on the trade window will now be disabled until one of the trading players offers something.
- Fixed an issue that would reset the selected position in a Social list to the top if the list was updated while browsing.
- This affected lists such as the Guild roster, Friends, or Group Member list.
- The icon for the Dungeon Difficulty will now immediately update when changed.
- Fixed an issue where resetting the settings to default could display an error.
- Stars in the Champion UI will no longer shrink after interacting with them.
- The term "Non-Combat Pet" is now used across the game to describe collectible pets.
- Clarified and improved several tutorials and help menu entries.