- 1 New Features / Updates / Big Changes - Orsinium
- 2 New Features / Updates / Big Changes - Base Game
- 3 Available Templates
- 4 Known Issues
- 5 DLC Fixes & Improvements
- 6 Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Released on October 05 2015.
Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.2.0, our largest DLC game pack to date: Orsinium! We think you'll really enjoy the contents of this latest update.
Orsinium, similar to our previous update, comes in two parts—the DLC game pack, and the base-game patch. The base-game patch will be available to everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, and the DLC game pack will automatically download with it, allowing you instant access to the new content when you purchase it, or activate an ESO Plus membership.
Anyone who owns ESOTU and has an active ESO Plus membership will also automatically have access to the Orsinium DLC game pack. If your ESO Plus membership ends or lapses, you will no longer have access to the Orsinium DLC game pack content and areas, but you will still have any items you earned while you had access. If you do not have an active ESO Plus membership you can purchase the DLC game pack for 3,000 crowns via the in-game Crown Store.
For the first time in The Elder Scrolls series since Daggerfall, you can visit the majestic ancestral home of the Orcs located deep within the mountains of Wrothgar. There, you can find over 20 hours of story content and quests available to you at any level, plus two new public dungeons. You can also choose to tackle our new single-player progressive challenge, the Maelstrom Arena, where you can receive special rewards and see where you stack on the new class-specific leaderboards.
We also have some exciting things available in our base-game patch including updates to the Champion and battle leveling systems, improvements to our grouping tool, controller support for PC, subtitles, shield dyeing, and new crafting motifs.
In addition to all the new features and major updates, we have made many improvements to the Imperial City and its dungeons, overall combat and gameplay, itemization, UI, and more.
We hope you enjoy our latest update, which will be approximately 10GB in size, and look forward to seeing you in Orsinium!
New Features / Updates / Big Changes - Orsinium
Answer King Kurog's call and help rebuild the city of Orsinium! In Wrothgar - the mountainous, ancestral home of the Orcs - you'll find a nation divided as clan chiefs, Reach marauders, and religious cults all conspire to destroy Kurog's dream of a united Orc kingdom before it can be fully realized.
- Regardless of whether you use a template or copied character, you will need to purchase the Orsinium DLC game pack from the Crown Store first.
- When you enter the game using a templated character, you will be in Daggerfall, Davon's Watch, or Vulkhel Guard, depending on your alliance. You will be approached by an Orc messenger who will deliver a letter to you from Forge-Mother Alga.
- Finish speaking to the Orc messenger to begin the "Invitation to Wrothgar" quest.
- Seek out Ambassador Lazgara in Daggerfall, Davon's Watch, or Vulkhel Guard. Talk to her to progress the Wrothgar questline and travel to the Merchant's Gate in Wrothgar.
- You can also enter Wrothgar through the gates in the neighboring territories of Stormhaven and Bangkorai, or using the Wayshrine network to fast travel to Orsinium.
Journey into the churning void of Oblivion to do battle in the legendary Maelstrom Arena! Designed by the eccentric Demiprince Fa-Nuit-Hen, this bizarre Daedric crucible will push even the most powerful adventurers to their limits. It is a contest without allies and without mercy. In the Maelstrom, only the strong survive.
- Maelstrom Arena is a single-player progressive challenge located in the northeastern mountains of Wrothgar.
- To enter the Maelstrom Arena, travel to Orsinium and navigate toward the POI icon on the map.
- The available character templates have the Malestrom Arena map icon automatically unlocked, and you can travel directly into Maelstrom Arena via the fast travel network by selecting its map Icon.
- There are new item sets available specifically to Maelstrom Arena that you can receive in both the normal and Veteran versions.
- We also offer unique weapon and jewelry sets in Veteran Maelstrom Arena, similar to Dragonstar Arena.
- There are four Sigils that will aid you with your battles in the arena. To use a Sigil, simply walk near it and the Synergy prompt will appear. Press your Synergy key, and the Sigil will be activated. Sigils will re-spawn between each round within an arena, so liberal use is encouraged. These Sigils include:
- Sigil of Haste: Grants increased resource regeneration and the Major Expedition buff.
- Sigil of Healing: Grants you a powerful heal over time.
- Sigil of Defense: Grants damage reduction to all attacks, and reflects physical and spell ranged attacks.
- Sigil of Power: Grants increased weapon power.
- When you reach Veteran Rank 16, you will qualify for the Maelstrom Arena leaderboards. There are leaderboards for every class, and at the end of each week the top 100 players of each class will be granted special rewards via in-game mail.
- Points for the Maelstrom Arena leaderboards are rewarded in multiple ways.
- You will be granted points every time you complete an arena. Bonus points are also available for each round you survive.
- The Sigils that appear in each arena can bestow special powers, but each round that you survive without using a Sigil will grant you bonus points.
- If you complete Maelstrom Arena within 1 hour and 30 minutes, you will be granted additional points. Faster times net increased point gains.
New Item Sets
There are new item sets available from a variety of sources!
- Three new crafted item sets, available at exotic locales throughout Wrothgar.
- Six new sets available in the Maelstrom Arena.
- Three new sets available from daily quests focused on delves and world bosses in Wrothgar.
New Public Dungeons
We're introducing two new public dungeons in the zone of Wrothgar.
- Unearth the secrets of Rkindaleft, a Dwarven ruin trapped within a glacier, that has long been the subject of whispered rumors and tales told to frighten Orc children.
- Plunge into the crumbling, abandoned depths of Old Orsinium, the ancient first location of the Orc capital, destroyed in the First Era. Pass through the three legendary gates - Smelter, Hammer, and Temper - descend into the Caves of Dark Abundance, and locate the sacred fire of Malacath that burns deep inside the Temple of Grudgement.
Crafting Node Scaling
- Raw materials in Wrothgar will look like (and drop) materials based on the peak of your aptitude in the craft they are associated with. This applies to Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing, Enchanting, and Alchemy Water in Wrothgar.
- For example, if you have Metalworking 9 and Woodworking 1, you will encounter Voidstone Ore and Maple Wood in the wild since your Metalworking level is high, but Woodworking is of a lower level.
- If your tradeskill mastery is sufficient to work in Rubedite, Ruby Ash Wood, or Ancestor Silk, you will have a chance at encountering them in the world.
- Hide that is normally provided by an animal will scale to the Tailoring rank of the player character looting the animal. This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level.
- Player characters in a group with differing ranks in Tailoring will all get different levels of hide.
Ancient Orc Crafting Motif
- The pages of the Ancient Orc Crafting Motif are split between the enemies in Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft, with each Public Dungeon having the chapters that the other does not. Defeating these foes will rarely grant a chapter of the Motif – or, if one proves exceptionally lucky, the entire Motif book.
- Cassiterite Sand, the Raw Style Item needed to craft in the Ancient Orc Style, can be found in resource nodes all throughout Orsinium. The greater your knowledge of the Ancient Orc Style, the more likely you are to find Cassiterite Sand.
- Your knowledge of Metalworking, Tailoring, and Woodworking do not alter your chances.
- Once you have ten units of Cassiterite Sand, you can refine them at any equipment-crafting bench into Cassiterite, used to make Ancient Orc items. This refining process does not bind the Cassiterite to your account.
We have added new collectibles that you can permanently add to your collection:
- Regalia of the Orsimer King: Acquired by completing the main story in Orsinium.
- Maelstrom Baron Polymorph: Acquired by completing Maelstrom Arena on Veteran Mode.
- Vosh Rakh Ceremonial Mask: Acquired by successfully uncovering the Vosh Rakh plot.
- Cavalier of the Sworn Oath, Trinimac's Penitent Knight, and Old Orsinium Sentry: Acquired by filling the House of Orsimer Glories with historic relics.
New Provisioner Recipes
Dine in style with many new Provisioner recipes, four of which revive the true spirit of Orcish cooking as revealed through a series of quests.
We have added a number of new achievements to the game, all tied to Wrothgar. These can be found under the new Wrothgar subcategory.
New Features / Updates / Big Changes - Base Game
Champion System Updates
We have reduced the XP required to earn Champion Points for those with smaller amounts in order to create a fairer gameplay experience. We are also capping the total number of Champion Points that can be spent.
- At this time, you will not be able to allocate more than 501 Champion Points.
- Anyone that has over 501 Champion Points when the Orsinium DLC game pack is published will have all their Champion Points reset, and will only be able to allocate 501 Champion Points.
- You will not lose any points over 501, you just won't be able to spend them.
- You can continue to earn Champion Points over the cap, but won't be able to spend them until the next time the cap is raised.
- The amount of XP required to gain a Champion Point now scales with the number of total Champion Points you have.
- If you don't have any Champion Points, you will earn them very quickly.
- If you have a lot of Champion Points, you will earn them slower.
Grouping Tool Improvements
We have performed a significant mechanical overhaul of the Grouping Tool. It will now find groups more rapidly and reliably when looking for any available group. Below are the first steps on the road to making the Grouping Tool an adventurer's best friend – look for additional improvements in a future update.
- Groups formed for dungeons will always be teleported directly to the dungeon once formed, and will always be scaled to a level ceiling.
- After a group is formed, you can either teleport immediately, or wait up to 30 seconds before you are sent to the dungeon so you can complete your current activity.
- Loot will be contextualized to your level.
- While everyone will be scaled up to VR15, you will always get loot drops appropriate for your level. For example, if you are VR2, you will still get VR2 loot drops.
- Groups can now be formed across all three alliances. It is entirely possible for two Aldmeri characters to team up with an Ebonheart and Daggerfall duo to complete a dungeon.
- If you form a group for Cyrodiil or the Imperial City, you will not be teleported anywhere.
- To help consolidate the tool, we've removed the ability to queue for individual quests. That said, we do still want to encourage you to work together to defeat difficult world bosses and quests!
- Groups may still be formed as normal. If any group formed normally within the game world enters a dungeon, it will follow normal dungeon rules. Groups formed via the Grouping Tool operate differently to ensure a rapid cadence of group formation.
- For example, if you walk into a dungeon with three VR16 player characters and the group leader is VR2, all monsters will be VR2.
Battle Leveling Updates
Instead of every battle leveled character having the exact same stats, you will now be able to mold a battle leveled character however you choose.
- Battle leveling now takes into account how you have allocated your attribute points.
- Items matter!
- Having stronger items means your battle leveled stats will be stronger. For example, equipping a purple level 34 sword will give more damage than a green level 34 sword.
- Running around naked in Cyrodiil is no longer advisable. Lower-level player characters will be given bonus stats to help make up for the lack of optimized gear, skills, and passive abilities. The bonus will scale to your level, so lower-level player characters will receive a larger bonus.
Subtitles for your select language are now available! These will be off by default, but can be enabled by going to the Audio Settings, and selecting Subtitles.
Controller Support for PC
You are now able to use a controller that supports XInput, such as an Xbox One controller, while playing the PC version of the game!
- To switch to gamepad mode, navigate to the Gameplay menu in Settings and plug in your controller.
- Existing add-ons will continue to work.
- Gamepad mode on PC retains keyboard support for text chat, UI shortcuts and character movement.
- The API has been updated to encourage development of gamepad-specific add-ons. We can't wait to check them out!
- Gamepad mode is not supported on the Mac game client even though the option is visible and accessible. You can switch back to the regular form of gameplay by pressing the Escape key, then navigating through the keyboard Settings to turn it off.
Dye stations now support the dyeing of shields so you can match your shield to your armor.
Akaviri Crafting Style
The secrets of the Akaviri crafting style have been uncovered by scholars on the front lines of the Alliance War!
- Siege merchants in Cyrodiil will sell chapters of the Akaviri Style for large amounts of Alliance Points.
- To learn an Akaviri style chapter, you must have at least Rank 9 in at least one of the Metalworking, Tailoring, or Woodworking passives.
- The merchants will also sell the raw style material needed to craft Akaviri items, Ancient Scale, for a modicum of Alliance Points.
- You must refine ten Ancient Scales together into one Goldscale in order to use it in crafting Akaviri arms and armor.
- Once refined together into Goldscale, the item is immediately bound to your account. If you wish to trade them, you must do so in their unrefined form!
We will have six templates available for aid in testing the Orsinium DLC game pack on the PTS.
- While on the character creation screen, click on the drop-down in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Select one of the six Orsinium character templates—there are two for each alliance: one that is VR14, and one that is level 35.
- Your stats for Spell Damage, Weapon Damage, Spell Resistance and Physical Resistance while in battle leveled areas (Cyrodiil, Imperial City, Wrothgar and all dungeons) are not currently being displayed accurately in your Character UI; it will appear lower than the stats actually are. This will be resolved in a future PTS patch.
- You may run across issues while teleporting to group members, including the following:
- Zoning while the Grouping Tool is already trying to teleport you to a destination will result in a failure to teleport.
- Teleporting to someone in an opposing alliance will result in a failure to teleport.
- The group leader will not be able to travel to an instance with other group members if the group leader is already queued for a dungeon.
- If a player character drops the queue while looking for more players, the Looking for More search will currently not auto-adjust to the new number of players.
- When a DPS player character leaves the group and Looking for More is initiated, the tool will search for a tank instead of DPS.
- As you near the end of Maelstrom Arena, you'll come across a wall of rocks that is currently failing to rotate as intended, making the battle more difficult to complete. This will be fixed in our next PTS patch.
- While battling in Wrothgar, you may see a brief flicker on the terrain after using a heavy attack. This will be fixed in a future PTS patch. As a temporary workaround, you can try turning down the shadow settings in the Options menu.
- You are currently unable to view the puzzle pieces for the quest "Quarry Conundrum", located in Graystone Quarry in Wrothgar. This will result in the quest being blocked from completion, and will be fixed in a future PTS patch.
DLC Fixes & Improvements
Dungeons & Group Content
- Imperial City Prison (Normal & Veteran)
- Added a graveyard marker at the entrance of Imperial City Prison.
- Fixed a typo in Lord Warden Dusk's dialogue.
- The Bone Surge Totem no longer takes bleed damage.
- White-Gold Tower (Normal & Veteran)
- Engulfing Flames will now hit anyone standing inside the fiery cone. Anyone standing outside the flames will not be impacted.
- Decreased the interaction time on the Inhibitor Pinion.
- Fixed an issue where The Planar Inhibitor's Magma Diver ability would pause during the cast animation, making the ability appear to cast twice.
- A health bar is no longer visible on the Shock Wall effect during the battle with Molag Kena.
Exploration & Itemization
- Reorganized a number of achievement categories. All achievements directly associated with a specific DLC are now located under the new DLC section in the appropriate subcategory.
- You can now obtain a daily quest from the bounty boards in the ladder room to kill 20 players. This is the same quest as the one you receive in Cyrodiil.
- Adjusted multiple floating props and fixtures that would cause you to get stuck.
- Entering a sanctuary will no longer cause you to dismount.
- Adjusted the Contamination telegraphs for Emperor Leovic's zombies to match the length of the ability.
- You will no longer be forced to dismount in certain areas of the Elven District.
- You can no longer mount in the lower areas of the Crematorium in the Memorial District.
- Armor Master: Clarified the character screen tooltip for this effect to state that you gain its health bonus only if you have an Armor ability slotted.
- Black Rose: Clarified the tooltip for this item set to state that it only increases the Stamina and Magicka return portion of the Constitution passive.
- Brands of Imperium: Fixed an issue where the visual effects for this item set's ability were incorrectly centered at your feet.
Leeching Plate: This item set's ability will no longer take reduced healing from Battle Spirit (as the healing scaled off the damage done by the ability, which is already reduced).
- Molag Kena: Fixed an issue where this item set's ability was increasing the cost of Sprint, Roll Dodge, Sneak, and other mechanical effects instead of just normal skill abilities.
- Noble's Conquest: Fixed an issue which prevented the heal from this item set from being able to critically heal.
- Redistributor: Fixed an issue which allowed the heal effect from this item set to be dodged.
- Spell Power Cure: This item set ability no longer displays an incorrect effect on your character screen when triggered.
- The Simulacrum of Molag Bal no longer bobbles about like an enormous Daedric novelty when struck.
- Xivkyn found above ground in the Imperial City are no longer affected by crowd control abilities.
- You can no longer block Devour, and the cast time now matches the application of the stun.
- Dredaza the Ringmaster
- Aspect of Terror no longer prompts an interrupt tutorial.
- Dredaza's theatre scene in the Imperial City arena can no longer be interrupted, and will no longer result in a battle with two bosses at once.
- Furor of the Game Master can no longer be interrupted.
- Siphon is now correctly removed if its channel is interrupted.
- Siphon now correctly stops channeling if its target performs a CC break.
- Reduced the duration of Spirit Shield to 5 minutes from 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- The visual effects for Spirit Shield no longer persist indefinitely after the effect expires.
- General Kryozote
- General Kryozote no longer throws boulders at player characters behind him. If no targets exist in front of General Kryozote, his boulder will be thrown at an arbitrarily selected point in front of him.
- General Nazenaechar
- The audio from Daedroth's Heat no longer restarts every time it ticks.
- Otholug gro-Goldfolly
- Otholug will no longer face the wall while casting Red Breath immediately after Devouring Charge.
- Secundinus the Despoiler
- Pure Terror no longer fails to animate if its target is casting.
- The area of effect that appears under your feet upon being struck by Soul Flame will now deal damage.
- Soul Flame no longer procs the Burning status effect.
- Ethereal Flame can now be dispelled.
- To avoid confusion with Ethereal Flame telegraphy, Uzuruz no longer casts Soul Flame.
- Xivkyn Elite
- The visual effects from Daedric Chill now vanish when it is dispelled.
- Heat Wave can no longer be interrupted.
- Vampiric Ground visual effects now vanish when dispelled.
- Damage from Vampiric Totem can no longer be blocked.
- Baron Thirsk and Nunatak no longer run while patrolling the Nobles District.
- Glorgoloch the Destroyer
- Reduced the chance of Glorgolach clipping with Grievous Twilights along his path in the Temple District.
- King Khrogo
- Daedric Tremor can no longer be blocked.
- Defiled Ground will no longer be cast every seven seconds.
- Defiled Ground will no longer be cast if it won't affect anyone.
- Defiled Ground will no longer target you a second time if you are already affected by Defiled Ground.
- Reduced the amount of casts of Defiled Ground that will persist together to two from three.
- Necrotic Spear now displays impact effects when the projectile hits you.
- The Screeching Matron
- Devour's cast time now matches the application of the stun.
- Speaking for the Dead: Fixed an issue where the Auricular Geodes would not update properly in your inventory.
- Sublime Brazier:
- There will now be a short delay in getting attacked if you log out after the Gate Crasher has evaded.
- Group members not on this quest will no longer experience difficulties using the portal to leave the Dragonfire Cathedral.
Tel Var Stones
- You can no longer earn Tel Var Stones while still within your alliance District's safe area.
- Increased the number of Tel Var Stones found in Light Tel Var Sacks to 200 Stones each.
Base Game Fixes & Improvements
- Guards with shield bash abilities will no longer bash with no immunity.
- Harvest nodes in Cyrodiil now scale to the most advanced material type your character can use for crafting.
Art & Animation
- Your character will no longer briefly flicker when accessing the UI for crafting stations specifically.
- Polished some minor clipping issues with many of the armors.
- Fixed several instances where you could become stuck between objects in the game.
- Fixed several areas that could cause you to fall through the ground.
- Combat audio no longer starts playing if you swing at a foe outside of your range.
- Polished the audio for many abilities.
- Polished the timing of a number of conversations amongst NPCs.
- Polished many locations where the sound and/or music didn't quite fit the space or, in some cases, was missing entirely.
- Improved the audio used by a number of monsters, critters and objects in the world.
- Improved many UI sounds.
- Fixed a number of mismatched or erroneous text/voice-over pairings throughout the game.
Combat & Gameplay
- Fixed grammar, spelling, and formatting on many ability tooltips.
- Note: If a tooltip adjustment includes value changes, it will be called out specifically below.
- You will now take damage when your initial fall impact location is a slope, roof or other piece of untraversable terrain.
- The following abilities (and morphs when applicable) will now properly display "Target is Immune" messaging if a target is immune to a component of the ability:
- Fixed an issue where using charge abilities against another player character would cause you to arrive inside the opposing character's model. You will now appear at an appropriate combat distance.
- Fixed an issue where a player character killed in PvP combat would still be flagged as being in combat after resurrecting or releasing to a Keep.
- Fixed an issue where some overland group bosses did not have a Physical Resistance stat.
- Ardent Flame
- Dark Talons: This ability's root is no longer blockable.
- Storm Calling
- Daedric Summoning
- Dawn's Wrath
- Radiant Destruction: This ability and its morphs will now properly display its visual effects if the first tick of damage kills the target.
- Restoring Light
- Mending: Slightly adjusted the bonus healing functionality for this passive, which will progressively scale up as your health decreases, up to a 10% healing bonus at low health.
- Fixed an issue where you could not light attack with a bow while silenced.
- Two Handed
- Critical Charge: Fixed an issue where silence effects (such as Negate Magic) were preventing damage from this ability and its morphs.
- Destruction Staff
- Flame Reach (Destructive Touch morph): This ability now properly applies the knockback up to the correct range (28 meters).
- Wall of Elements: Fixed an issue where the visual effects on the Flame and Frost versions of this ability were persisting too long, making it appear as if the ability was recast.
- Restoration Staff
- Force Siphon: Fixed an issue where the heal from this ability could proc off siege damage.
- Reviving Barrier: Fixed an issue with the timing of the visual effects for this ability.
- Tactician: Fixed an issue where this passive was not increasing your siege damage as described.
- Fighters Guild
- Expert Hunter: Fixed an issue where this ability could proc off siege damage.
- Trap Beast:
- Fixed an issue where this ability was checking against Spell Resistance for mitigation rather than Physical Resistance.
- This ability now correctly crits based on Weapon Critical rather than Spell Critical.
- The damage over time portion from this ability can now critically hit.
- Mages Guild
- Entropy: Updated this ability's tooltip to state the duration of the Major Sorcery bonus.
- Energy Orb: Fixed an issue where you could unintentionally trigger the synergy multiple times per single cast.
- Blood Altar: This ability (and its morphs) will now correctly display its visual effects for the Major Fortitude buff for all targets. It also now uses an effect consistent with other Major Fortitude buffs.
- Drain Essence:
- Fixed an issue where this ability was displaying an extra effect icon on your character screen.
- This ability will now properly end if the target breaks line of sight with the caster.
- This ability will now be properly removed if the caster dies.
- Drain Essence:
- Amphibious: The swim speed bonus from this ability will now properly apply if you purchase the passive while swimming.
- Dark Elf
- Flame Talent: Updated this tooltip to state that it increases all abilities dealing Flame Damage, not just abilities scaling off Spell Damage.
- Swift: Fixed an issue where the full speed bonus from this passive was not being applied.
- Increased the bonus you receive at 100 points to 16% from 15.8% for the following passives:
- Elfborn: Fixed an issue where this passive was incorrectly increasing critical values for abilities that did not scale off Spell Critical (such as Vigor, or Stamina morphs of class abilities).
- Riposte: Fixed an issue which was preventing this ability's visual effects from displaying properly.
- Precise Strikes: Fixed an issue where this passive was not correctly increasing the critical value of healing or abilities that did not use Physical Damage (such as Vigor, or Stamina morphs of class abilities).
- Windrunning: Fixed an issue where this passive was not increasing your movement speed while mounted.
- Reinforced: This ability will now display on your Active Effects screen when triggered.
- Assassin Beetle
- Acid Blood's effective radius now matches its visual effects.
- Agony now only fires a beam at its target.
- Blood Craze now makes sound when it hits you.
- Daedra Synergy
- Scamps can no longer be interrupted to stop them exploding.
- Daedric Arch now requires one hit from a fully charged heavy attack, or five hits from any source to defeat.
- Sweep can no longer be interrupted.
- Flesh Atronach
- Claw can no longer be interrupted.
- Double Swipe no longer fails to play audio if it hits you while Vampiric Touch is active.
- Giant Spider
- The visual effects from Encase now vanish when dispelled.
- The animations from Wing Slice will no longer break if it fails to connect with a target.
- Blocking Wing Slice is now more intuitive.
- Feast now requires one hit from a fully charged heavy attack, or two hits from any source to defeat.
- Hruzizolk no longer keeps his spear when he throws it, because that made no sense.
- Smash now deals damage when blocked.
- Body Slam now displays properly when blocked.
- Aura of Protection now requires one hit from a fully charged heavy attack, or five hits from any source to defeat.
- Spirit Mage
- Burdening Eye now requires one hit from a fully charged heavy attack, or five hits from any source to defeat.
- Thunder Strikes is now more intuitive to dodge, and no longer invisibly damages you.
- The visual effects from Soul Flame now vanish when the effect is dispelled.
- Tremor can no longer be blocked, and can now be cast while silenced.
- Rain of Wisps visual effects now vanish when dispelled.
Crafting & Economy
- Improved the iconography for distinguishing between Restore Health and Restore Magicka within the crafting interface.
- Conflicting traits (e.g. Restore Health being nullified by Ravage Health) are now highlighted in the Alchemy crafting interface.
- Nirncrux now has a chance to be obtained from any cloth, metal, or wood harvested in Craglorn, not just the Upper reaches.
- Fixed an issue where monsters below level 50 who should have a chance to drop leather when killed were occasionally not doing so.
- The Crown Store will now able to display Limited Time Offers.
- Announcements for featured Crown Store items will now display upon login, and will only reappear when the featured section has changed if the prompt is dismissed.
- Note: These will only appear once per account, not each time you log into a new character.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Arx Corinium
- Matron Ixniaa's Bolt Ballistae will now knock you down if it's not avoided, rather than making you kneel.
- Blessed Crucible
- Captain Thorin's Lava Atronachs are no longer immobile.
- City of Ash
- NPCs will no longer attack Dark Ember if everyone in your group is dead.
- Crypt of Hearts
- Alanwe and Faindor will no longer repeat their theater scene whenever new player characters arrive at their location.
- Rulanir is no longer being stabbed with a generic sword, but now by the Daedric artifact that Nerien'eth actually wields. What an honor!
- Darkshade Caverns
- Made improvements to the quest Mine all Mine in order to resolve some functionality issues which was hindering progression.
- You will now consistently see Nervyna Selos with the other NPCs during the quest Mine All Mine.
- Direfrost Keep
- The ghosts of Orva, Garmath, and Agomar now have consistent visibility despite quest status, but can only be interacted with while you are on the quest Noble's Rest.
- Fungal Grotto
- A generic icon is no longer present on your active effects list when Kra'gh the Dreugh King casts Lunging Strike, and when War Chief Ozozai casts Staggering Roar.
- The Fighters Guild members in this dungeon no longer display health bars.
- Praxin and his allies will no longer stand in the middle of the fight space with the Swarm Mother. They will only move into that room after the Swarm Mother is defeated.
- Tempest Island
- The Dominion Sailor who is blocking Lamia fire balls will no longer appear to be blocking while attacking enemies.
- Vaults of Madness
- Fixed an issue which caused the quest bestowal pin to be visible while Gasteau was not visible.
- Wayrest Sewers
- Relocated some of the Skeevers to a location where they can actually attack you.
- Captain Lucius and his guards will now transition to combat-appropriate poses when they run into the next room, instead of keeping their original, more casual postures.
- Veteran Banished Cells
- The Fire Traps in front of Maw of the Infernal will now properly hit anyone that is standing on them when they activate.
- Veteran Crypt of Hearts
- Monsters that are killed before you arrive in a room will no longer occasionally display as alive.
- Veteran Fungal Grotto
- A member of the Spider Cult who previously appeared to be running in slow motion has learned to be more serious about their position within the organization, and will now walk normally from place to place.
- Fixed several issues which would keep Fasarel and Ranarwa from appearing and speaking properly after you retrieved the Obsidian Husk.
- Obsidian Warriors will now attempt to ambush you after the Obsidian Husk is retrieved from their temple.
- You will now be staggered instead of knocked back when you are standing too close to the Obsidian Husk when it is destroyed.
- NPCs you need to rescue for the quest Lighting the Shadows will no longer behave abnormally when more than one player character is speaking to them.
- Veteran Spindleclutch
- Praxin, Sud-Hareem, and Mereel will now have a shorter theater sequence after the first time you enter the area.
- Sud-Hareem and Mereel will no longer be tragically crushed under rocks during the fight with the first boss.
Exploration & Itemization
- Fixed an issue where the Weakening enchantment was receiving a greater bonus than intended from the Infused item trait.
- Fixed a minor text issue that could cause Rubedo Leather, Ancestor Silk, and Ruby Ash to incorrectly pluralize.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some merchant-bought foods to not display correctly as Veteran Rank 1.
- Consumables will now scale to VR14 correctly in Cyrodiil.
- Fixed an issue where some tooltip text for Dreugh Wax and Elegant Lining was reversed.
- Using the Carry Capacity Riding Lesson will now properly indicate that it was specifically your carry capacity that was updated, not some other capacity.
- Dark Anchors in Cyrodiil can now drop Veteran Ranked items.
- The title "Empress Regent" now appears correctly in all lore books.
- Fixed a grammatical issue that appeared in the confirmation message for reading a style book.
- Clarified the tooltip for the Impenetrable Trait on armor to clearly state that it reduces crit damage from other player characters.
- Fixed an issue that was causing stat recovery bonuses to display incorrectly in the Character UI.
- In Auridon, all the interactable objects and containers at Fasundil's camp are now empty.
- Malachite shards now correctly appear when searching the raw material filters for Blacksmithing, Woodworking, and Clothing within Guild Stores.
- Fixed an issue where crafted and dropped consumables were not scaling appropriately in Cyrodiil and the Imperial City. These consumables will now scale to Veteran Rank 14.
- Added a new DLC achievement category, with all achievements associated with a given DLC game pack present in the appropriate subcategory.
- All base-game Skyshard achievements will now be located under the Character section.
- Removed the usage restriction comments from the tooltip on the Emperor's Regalia costume.
- Added keywords to many Collectibles, which will make it easier to find specific collectibles in your Collections menu or Crown Store.
- In response to player feedback, we've drastically increased the drop rate of certain trophies that are rarely obtained from the following monsters:
- Kagouti: Malformed Kagouti Tusks from Kagouti are now more plentiful. At maximum Veteran Rank, you can find Kagouti in the Rahni Pit Cage.
- Netches: Bile Gilt from Netches are now more plentiful. At maximum Veteran Rank, Netches can be found in Darkshade Caverns—the Cavern Patriarch, in particular, is said to be quite bilious.
- Nix-Hounds: Multifaceted Eyes are now more plentiful. At maximum Veteran Ranks, Nix Hounds can be found in Dragonstar Arenas many waves of foes, as well as in the new Maelstrom Arena. In both of these Arenas, Nix-Hounds have an even greater chance of dropping Multifaceted Eyes.
- Banekin: Banekin Horns are now more plentiful from Banekin specifically in Dragonstar Arena.
- We have increased the stack size of all collectible trophies to 200.
- The Kollopi Essence costume can no longer be equipped while in PvP areas.
- Defending Warrior: Fixed an issue where this item set's ability damage was not reduced when targeting more than 6 targets. It now uses radius falloff similar to other area effect abilities, causing targets over the maximum to take reduced damage.
- Destructive Mage: Fixed an issue where this item set's ability damage was not reduced when targeting more than 6 targets. It now uses radius falloff similar to other area effect abilities, causing targets over the maximum to take reduced damage.
- Ice Furnace: Fixed an issue where the proc from this item set's ability could be triggered from siege damage.
- Kyne's Kiss: Fixed an issue which was preventing the heal from this item set's bonus from critically healing.
- Orgnum's Scales: Fixed an issue where the heal recovery bonus from this set was not applying reliably when you reached low health.
- Robes of the Necromancer: Added visual effects to this item set's ability.
- Twice-Fanged Serpent: Fixed an issue where multiple stacks of this item set's ability would be added with only a single attack.
- Valkyn Skoria: Fixed an issue where this item set's ability damage was not reduced when targeting more than 5 targets. It now uses radius falloff similar to other area effect abilities, causing targets over the maximum to take reduced damage.
- Way of Martial Knowledge: Fixed an issue where this item set's ability was triggering on damage over time ticks, making it less effective.
- Justice guards are now Veteran Rank 16.
- The Bounty Meter will no longer display briefly when entering Cyrodiil.
- The Bounty Meter will now update more smoothly after you gain a new level.
- Fixed an issue where the Bounty Meter was not visible after loading into Elden Root.
Quests & Zones
- Fixed a large number of cases where you could get stuck on or behind fixtures while jumping on them.
- Fixed a number of typos in dialogue and book text.
- Fixed a number of cases where NPCs that could be attacked did not display health bars if you toggled that option on.
- Fixed a minor consistency issue with Cadwell's Almanac and the display of the Elden Root objective completion text.
- Sentinel: Lady Zibeh the banker no longer has a defunct store option when you're speaking with her.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Faolchu to become stuck in a stun animation, making the fight more difficult than intended.
- Memento Mori: Improved the timing and overall effects of the beams when using Rosalind's Blade.
- One Victor, One King: Fixed an issue where your quest progress could become blocked if you did not actually enter the main chamber during the theater scene.
- Songs of Sovngarde: Jorunn no longer has a strange pink glyph over his head during the end of this quest, and leaving the area with the Pact delegates and later returning will no longer spawn multiple versions of them.
- Windhelm: Ergrod the Pleased will no longer run in slow motion.
- Simply Misplaced: Fixed an issue where you would be unable to find essences to power the Scarab Seals. We also fixed issues with using Wabbajack heavy attacks.
- Added an interior map for Ogrim's Yawn.
- For Everything a Season: Fixed an issue where the Thunderbug Nests would occasionally despawn.
- Lost Daughter: Fixed an issue where your view of Molg would be blocked if you spoke to him after the completion of this quest.
- Something Rotten: You will now receive an appropriate error message if you attempt to use the "Cold Water" quest item while it is cooling down, or otherwise not ready.
- Baan Dar's Bash: You can now properly and immediately loot the chickens after they are cooked.
- Grim Situation: Removed a section of wall where the attacking hostiles could get stuck during Shaza's corruption-sealing rituals.
- Fell's Run: Beaunois Edette no longer walks on furniture like an uncultured jerk.
- Shornhelm: You can no longer steal coins from locked display cabinets in Shornhelm Savings and Loan.
- Valeguard Tower: This location is no longer erroneously referred to as "Valewatch Tower" which is an entirely different location in a different zone. The cartographer responsible for this error has been sacked.
- Clarity: There is no longer a mysterious phantom chevron floating in the air after you eat the mushroom on this quest. There are totally not invisible people surrounding you at all times. Watching. Waiting.
- Deep Disturbance: Fixed an issue if you ran away from the Aspect of Namira's ritual site, you would not be properly re-added to the event if you returned without completely leaving the area.
- Davon's Watch: Voldsea Arvel will no longer interact with fugitives; Criminal scum can no longer use her services.
- Storming the Hall: Rageclaw Marauders, as melee hostiles, no longer hold bows.
- Guild store mail will now include the name of the item sold, canceled, expired, or purchased.
- Changing your graphics settings near an open door will no longer cause the door to appear as though it's closed.
- Having multiple stacks of 100 consumables quickslotted will no longer cause UI errors.
- Fixed an issue where the attribute point UI could overlap with the skills menu after points have been allocated.
- Menu icons will now turn gray when you are not hovering over them.
- Fixed an issue where the description for item sets with a 1-piece bonus was displaying as plural instead of singular.
- You will now be prompted to save changes to Guild Heraldry if you attempt to leave the menu with unsaved changes.
- Fixed an issue where the amount of money you would receive from fencing a stack of items would appear as red in color.
- Solvents within the Alchemy ingredient list will now be spaced correctly when not selected.
- Clicking on the "+" or "-" signs in the Champion System UI will now consistently add or remove points from the specific skill you are selecting.
- Fixed an issue where the character UI would not update health increases without closing and reopening the window.
- Fixed an issue where the mount stamina bar would not display after previewing a mount in the Crown Store.
- Fixed an issue where the dye text and information would disappear from an achievement chain when the dye achievement is unlocked.
- Fixed an issue where vendor prices would not display if the cost was 6 digits or more.
- You will now see items and currency that you've looted in the lower right-hand corner of your screen, which will allow you to see exactly what you've obtained when Auto-Loot is enabled. This feature is only available on the PC client.
- Note: There is currently no option to disable your loot history in the Settings menu, but it will be added in a future PTS patch.
- Fixed an issue where the Grand Overlord Alliance Rank icon was using the same icon as Overlord.
- Added text to explain the paused queue status of a group attempting to enter a campaign while another group member is offline.
- You will now be able to link quest items in the chat window.
- Your search will now cease once a full group is formed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some player characters to only show up on a single leaderboard, despite being eligible for multiple.
- Fixed an issue where adjusting the window size would cause longer scores on the Leaderboards to be cut off with ellipses.
- Adjusted the maps in Craglorn so the pins will now follow your movement and facing more accurately.
- Fixed an issue where the World Boss icon could be seen on the interior map of Tsanji's Hideout.
- Made minor adjustments to various help and tutorial text entries.