Released on August 27 2014.
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.4.1 features additional fixes to gameplay, itemization, and addresses many issues with dungeons, Craglorn, and Trials.
Fixes & ImprovementsEdit
- Increased the stats of battle-leveled player characters by 10%.
- Elite vendors in Cyrodiil now sell Veteran Rank 14 gear.
- Wanders-Far has reduced the cost of gear, and is now selling at the same rate as other nearby vendors.
Combat & GameplayEdit
- Reduced the Veteran point cost for Veteran Ranks 13 and 14 so it takes less time to progress through those ranks.
- Fixed an issue where changing the weapons held in slot 1 and slot 2, then weapon swapping, could cause the weapon models not to load.
- Ardent Flame
- Burning Embers: This ability's heal no longer stacks multiplicatively when multiple player characters cast it on the same target.
- Daedric Summoning
- Bone Shield I: This synergy can no longer be activated by the caster.
- Aura of Protection, a shaman monster ability, now correctly protects the shaman's allies in combat. Ranged allies of the shaman now attempt to reach the totem when they aren't busy casting.
- Player character area-of-effect spells no longer fail to show their spell effects when cast in proximity to the Shaman's "Aura of Protection" totem.
- Fixed an issue where some monsters could become stuck running back and forth between player characters at range if no damage or healing was being done.
- The tiny dark anchor that could appear while fighting dremora has been replaced with a daedric arch. Banekin summoned through the arch will now be vulnerable to daedra-fighting effects, as intended.
Crafting & EconomyEdit
- Removed all crafting writs and associated quests, as this is a system that is not yet ready to be tested. They will return in a future patch.
- Monsters will drop leather scraps again, regardless of the level of the character that kills them.
- Level 15, 25, 35, and 45 equipment will now yield more consistent deconstruction materials appropriate to the item's name.
- All trophy fish required for the Rift Angler achievement can now be found in The Rift.
- The Coldharbour Angler fishing achievement now correctly references only trophy fish located in Coldharbour.
- Significantly increased the amount of inspiration gained from glyph creation.
- Fixed an issue that where you could be erroneously charged the guild store listing fee when attempting to list items past your maximum listing limit.
Dungeons & Group ContentEdit
- Fixed an issue so you will no longer enter empty Veteran Dungeons.
- Boss waves will now aggro all player characters engaged with the event when they spawn.
- It is no longer possible to aggro only one part of any Dark Anchor wave.
- Faldar's Tooth
- Rozelun's health bar now shows a Champion pip to properly display her increased difficulty.
- Jode's Light
- Fixed an issue where a treasure chest and a Thunderbug were not accessible.
- Fixed an issue where Yanadar would not reset properly after you died.
- Fixed an issue where Yanadar's VO wasn't playing when he died.
- LFG for Dragonstar Arena now has the proper Veteran Rank queuing requirements (VR 10 through 14 for normal mode, VR 14 only for veteran mode).
- Fixed an issue where some music would not conclude.
- Increased the movement speed for Champions and Bannermen.
- Fixed an issue where Battlemaster Hiath would not taunt you after your group would die in the first Arena encounter.
- Direfrost Keep
- Eboric Direfrost will now be thawed after completing the last boss.
- Veteran Spindleclutch
- You will no longer be able to separate Praxin Dourare from the monsters in the fight.
- Added achievements for Difficult Mode Trials.
- Aetherian Archive
- Changed Valariel and her clones so that they are now water elemental-type monsters instead of ghosts, to match their overland brethren.
- Hel Ra Citadel
- Fixed an issue if you were Stone Formed while casting an ability in Difficult Mode, and were unable to use the synergy Destructive Outbreak to free yourself.
- Fixed an issue where Yokeda Rok'dun (Welwa Master) was not walking out with his welwas to start the fight.
- Sanctum Ophidia
- Fixed an issue where the vendor Lady Blade would not display some of her items if you were VR5 and below.
- Fixed an issue where treasure chests were not group shared.
- The Rockheaver Troll's ability Rock Toss can no longer be interrupted.
- Fixed an issue where the mini-boss Stonebreaker would not properly reset.
- Fixed an issue where you were unable to access the secret item associated with the optional event.
- Possessed Mantikora
- You may find that attacking from the ledge above is now less survivable…
- The ladder beyond the Mantikora is no longer interactable until after the Mantikora has died.
- Serpent Celestial
- Fixed an issue with the FX for one of the Celestial's abilities.
- Treasure chests will now spawn in Sanctum Ophidia.
- Fixed an issue where some wasp nests were not spawning additional wasps.
- Fixed an issue where monsters would follow you through closed doors in some delves.
- There are no longer unnecessary orbs on top of the braziers inside Loth'Na Caverns.
- Overland bosses now have proper names.
- Skyshards found in delves will now contribute toward the Skyshard Hunter achievement.
- Sepilisk, found in Fearfangs Caverns, now behaves a little more intelligently when dealing with ranged opponents.
- The quest step to kill Armorer Uthik no longer advances after she resets.
- Skyreach Pinnacle
- Aetherion can no longer knock you down if you are under the effects of Immovable or its morphs.
Exploration & ItemizationEdit
- Fixed an issue with the Nirhoned weapon trait tooltip saying it gives a 0% increase to spell resistance.
- The Nirnhoned weapon trait is now more powerful when applied to a two-handed weapon.
- The Nirnhoned weapon trait now stacks when you are dual wielding.
- You can now loot Wasp nests in Upper Craglorn.
- Fixed an issue where the Sabatons of the Knightmare were Heavy Legs armor, instead of the intended Heavy Feet armor.
- Skald's Ring now has the Robust trait instead of no trait.
- Fascinating Ring now has the Healthy trait instead of no trait.
- Weapon enchants from difficult mode Trials are now more powerful.
- Fixed an issue where the weekly quest reward for difficult mode Trials was giving out normal mode items.
- Trials weapons now have a greater variety of weapon procs.
- Item set pieces will now drop from non-boss monsters in Trials.
- Set items from Upper Craglorn now scale to your level.
- Fixed an issue where Mundus Stone buffs were not being applied.
- Razak's Opus no longer has collision.
- Rain Catcher Fields: The Johads will no longer affect your game performance.
- Ensuring Security: Advisor Norion is no longer in two places at once.
- The Final Assault: All group members will now be able to enter the Planar Vortex.
- Can't Take It With Them: Adjusted the compass pins for this quest.
- Bosmer Insight: The Spirit Animal buff will no longer apply outside of Grahtwood.
- Stone Cold: Fixed an issue where The Hollow Watchman was not available.
- Fixed several issues with the achievement Reaper's March Pathfinder.
- Troll Arena: The troll fight will now always finish.
- The Golden Claw: Rid-Thar-ri'Datta will now always be present when you need to talk to him.
- Motes in the Moonlight: You will now be able to cleanse all four beacons.
- A Traitor's Luck: You can now advance the quest after looting Captain gro-Mak.
- Traitor's Tor: General Dathieu will no longer yell and complain about Ranser so frequently.
- Hope Lost: Thibierry will now respawn if he gets stuck.
- Three Tender Souls: The bodies in the crypt are no longer levitating unnaturally.
- The achievement Slave Lord's Ruination will now be awarded when killing Rendrasa.
- The achievement Rude Awakening now requires completing the proper locations.
- Protecting the Hall: Defending the hall will now always progress you through the quest.
- Azura's Relics: You can now use the scroll to summon the Daedra at the waterfall more consistently.
- Lost Lions: Elise, Laroche, and Renard will now stop cowering after being rescued, and Elise no longer teleports away after you rescue her.
- Repairing the Cage: Adjusted the compass pins for this quest.
- The Moment of Truth: You will now be able to advance this quest if Dugroth runs off early.
- Stomping Sinmur: All group members will now progress to the same quest step when defeating Sinmur.
- Scion of the Blood Matron: The Basin of Suffering now has one compass marker.
- Fixed an issue with the message in the Guild History so that Guild Traders are no longer considered currency.
- Tutorials for using Siege weapons will now instruct you to use the Left Mouse Button (LMB) to fire the Siege weapon.
- Fixed an issue where you were being erroneously charged for items that were not listed past the allowed 30 days when listing items on the Guild Store repeatedly.
Edit on 8/29 - Removed the following note from the Combat & Gameplay section:
- You now have the option to only respec morphs. This is less expensive than a full respec of all abilities.
This change did not make it onto the PTS, but it will be in the live release of Update 4. We apologize for any confusion this caused!