For Their Own ProtectionEdit
- "Welcome to Narsis, where people vanish in the night and a flesh-rotting plague ravages those unfortunate enough to still be here.
This must be your lucky day."
- Do I detect sarcasm?
- "My apologies. These past few days have pushed all of Hlaalu's resources to the breaking point trying to find answers.
Let's just say we're not any closer than we were when we started."
- Is there anything I can do to help?
- "Help? Sounds good to me, but I'm not in charge here.
The House leaders are probably bickering in the kinhouse even as we speak. Talk to one of them if you really want to get involved in this mess."
- I'll speak to someone in the kinhouse.
Speaking to her after this discussion:
- "There's no rule against talking to people. At least not yet. And they're not bound by the same orders as I am.
Maybe they can convince you to move on."
You can find her arguing with Ilmani when you return from investigating the Maulborn camp:
- Ilmani: "You can't keep us in here, Rarli! The guard has no right to keep us prisoners."
- Lieutenant Rarili: "By the Three, you whine like a spoiled child! The city is locked down for your own protection."
- Ilmani: "Our protection? So we're just supposed to sit here and rot as the plague takes us? The House Guard are no better than the Maulborn!"
Speaking to her:
- "Why are you still here?
The one person in this entire place that has free reign to come and go as you please, and you come back? I'll never understand some people."
- What's going on here?
- "Exactly what it looks like. Just because Narsis doesn't have giant stone walls doesn't mean we can't lock the place down.
We have orders to make sure no one gets in or our. Except you. Still not sure how you pulled that off."