Online:Legacy of the Bretons< Elder Scrolls Online: Quests
The Legacy of the Bretons is the sixth main story arc of Elder Scrolls Online, following on from the Gates of Oblivion. It is an overarching story which spans multiple content updates in the form of DLC, Chapters, and free quests, covering the entirety of 2022's content releases. Details of the plot were officially announced on January 27, 2022. Legacy of the Bretons takes you to the Systres to unravel a plot threatening secret peace talks to end the Alliance War.
On January 5th, a teaser trailer was released showing ships belonging to each of the Alliances traveling to High Isle.
It is the last year-long story arc, and is followed up by a multi-year story arc called Shadow Over Morrowind.
The year heavily features druids in its overarching story, which ties into the name of the story arc. Originally mentioned in The Elder Scrolls: Arena, the Druids of Galen were the Nedic ancestors of the Bretons, a moniker the Breton descendants they led would later adopt. Guided by their god Y'ffre, these Bretons fled to Systres Archipelago to escape persecution. There, they fractured into several druidic circles, and their faith of their Nedic ancestors survived.
Due to the multiple content releases involved in the Legacy of the Bretons, there are no prerequisites for completing these quests and they can be done in any order. However, they do follow a chronological order as listed here.
- Ascending Tide Storyline — Quests relating to the Ascendant Order.
- An Order Gone Awry: A secretive society named the Ascendant Order has set up operations on Coral Aerie.
- Wright of Passage: Help Za'ji retrieve plans to upgrade his ship from a haunted shipyard.
- High Isle Chapter Prologue
- Ascending Doubt: Try to help keep Alliance War peace talks on track.
- A King's Retreat: Chase down and cleanse a number of cursed medallions.
- High Isle Storyline — Quests to salvage the peace talks on High Isle.
- Of Knights and Knaves: Investigate the missing ships
- People of Import: Investigate the Ascendant Order.
- Deadly Investigations: Investigate three sites associated with Ascendant Order activity.
- Escape from Amenos: Travel to Amenos in search of survivors.
- To Catch a Magus: Track down the Ascendant Magus.
- The Ascendant Storm: Defend All Flags Islet from a frontal assault!
- A Chance for Peace: Help salvage Lord Bacaro's peace talks.
- Lost Depths Storyline — Quests relating to the last Druid King's exodus to the Systres.
- The Stonelore Defense: Repel the Firesong Circle's attack on Earthen Root Enclave.
- Haunted Depths: Explore an uncharted region of the Abecean Sea and make it back alive.
- Firesong DLC Prologue
- Sojourn of the Druid King: Help Druid Laurel stop a Firesong archdruid's plans on the mainland.
- Firesong DLC Storyline — Defend Galen from the Firesong Circle and their Sea Elf allies.
- A Sea of Troubles: Discover the truth behind Sea Elf raids on Galen.
- Tides of Ruin: Rescue Sir Stefan Mornard from the Firesong.
- Seeds of Destruction: Help gather allies to defend against the attacking fleet.
- The Siege of Vastyr: Battle for Vastyr.
- The Dream of Kasorayn: Discover the truth about the last Druid King and the prophecy.
- Guardian of Y'ffelon: Go to Y'ffelon and stop the Firesong Circle.
- Epilogue — Quests to deal with the Ascendant Lord.
- The Hidden Lord: Return to High Isle and get the peace talks back on track.
- The Ivy Throne: Stop the Ascendant Lord.
- And Now, Perhaps, Peace: Give peace a chance.
Influencers received ornate medallions and a letter warning of a danger from a mysterious organization. One side of the medallion featured a sailing ship. The other face of the medallion features a symbol of Stendarr with the colors of the Alliance War factions in front of the Empire's Red Diamond emblem.
- The Jubilee Cake 2022 is nautical-themed in reference to the Legacy of the Bretons storyline. A pair of these cakes are present at All Flags Islet at the conclusion of the storyline, during the quest And Now, Perhaps, Peace.