|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
May need to be updated following changes in Update 35.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's talk page.
- Lava Whip: Lash an enemy with flame, dealing [3000 / 3031 / 3065 / 3100] Flame Damage. If you strike an enemy that is immobile or stunned, you set them Off Balance.
- Molten Whip: Cost: 1148, 1148 Magicka and Stamina.
Lash an enemy with flame, dealing 3097 Flame Damage. If you strike an enemy that is immobile or stunned, you set them Off Balance. Whenever you activate a different Ardent Flame ability, you gain a stack of Seething Fury, increasing the damage of your next Molten Whip by 20% and your Weapon and Spell Damage by [85 / 90 / 95 / 100] for 15 seconds. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
- Flame Lash: Lash an enemy with flame, dealing 3097 Flame Damage. If you strike an enemy that is immobilized or stunned, you set them Off Balance. Targeting an Off Balance or immobilized enemy changes this ability into Power Lash, allowing you to lash an enemy at half cost to deal [3563 / 3602 / 3640 / 3680] Flame Damage and healing you for [3563 / 3602 / 3640 / 3680] Health.
Lava Whip deals Fire Damage and sets enemies off balance if they are currently Immobile or Stunned. If you have the Molten Whip morph slotted, all your Ardent Flame abilities deal more damage. Using the Flame Lash morph on enemies that are already off balance changes the skill to Power Lash, which heals you in addition to dealing more damage.
- Power Lash works both on enemies that are set off balance through a previous Flame Lash as well as through other means, like blocking a heavy attack.
- When you target an enemy that enables you to use Power Lash, the icon in your skill bar changes to .
- Casting Power Lash originally cost no Magicka, but now is just half the cost of a normal cast.
- Flame Lash is a recommended morph for the Dragonknight Initiate build.
* Flame Lash: Increased the damage and healing for this ability's activated follow-up attack.
- Molten Whip: This ability's slotted passive only applies to Ardent Flame skill line abilities instead of all fire damage.
* Updated the tooltip for this ability to note the cooldown to set an enemy off balance.
- Flame Lash: The follow up attack that is part of this ability now works on any off-balance target, stuns off-balance targets, and has a new icon.
* Molten Whip: Fixed an issue where this ability wasn't providing increased damage to Ardent Flame ability morphs that use Stamina.
* Switched the position of this ability with the Fiery Grip
ability as seen in the skill line UI.
* Increased the damage from this ability and its morphs by 5%.
- Developer Comment: We wanted Lava Whip to hit harder since it's a melee attack without increasing the overall PvE DPS of Dragonknights. To accomplish this, we reduced the bonuses from Standard of Might by 5% and increased Lava Whip by 5%. This gives Magicka Dragonknights a bit more pressure in PvP without increasing their PvE damage.
* Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 10%.
* Flame Lash: The Power Lash attack from this morph now has a 3 second cooldown.
- This ability and its morphs no longer have a cooldown when they can set the enemy target Off Balance. Striking a stunned or immobile enemy will always set them Off Balance.
- Flame Lash: Fixed an issue where the Power Lash attack from this morph could not be dodged.
* Decreased the range of this ability and its morphs to 5 meters from 8 meters.
- Flame Lash: Removed the stun from the Power Lash special attack.
- Developer Comment: We want all classes to be intentional about when they land stuns on the enemy, and not have it coupled with an already highly damaging attack.
- Power Lash: The Power Lash special attack is no longer free, and now costs half the amount of a regular Flame Lash.
- Developer Comment: Because this ability could be used multiple times against off balance targets, it provided too much of a resource sustain bonus. To alleviate the issue, we set its cost to that of other proc abilities like Crystal Fragments.
* Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by 5% to put it in line with other melee “spammables”.
- Molten Whip (morph): Reworked this ability so it no longer grants a passive bonus to Weapon and Spell Damage while slotted. Instead, this passive grants access to Seething Fury, a 33% damage bonus to your next Molten Whip cast and increase of 125 Weapon and Spell Damage every time you activate an Ardent Flame ability that isn't Molten Whip. This bonus can stack up to 3 times, lasts 5 seconds, and will refresh in duration every time it is applied to you.
- Developer Comment: The previous Molten Whip was under budgeted in terms of total power compared to Flame Lash, and rather than reducing that morph, we wanted to bring this one up to par. Additionally, we like how Flame Lash has the potential to disrupt a static rotation in combat, so we wanted to add a diverse bonus that would allow for you to engage in different ways. Now, the caster can decide to simply follow a normal rotation, or attempt to save up for a heavy hitting attack after building up stacks. Please note however, this will operate similarly to the previous Molten Whip where your bonus will only be active on the bar that it is slotted on.
* Molten Whip: Reduced the stacking Spell Damage bonus from this passive to 75 at Rank IV from 125.
* Flame Lash (morph): The special attack from this ability, Power Lash, can now also be cast on enemies that are Immobilized.