The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Home City||Brass Fortress|
- The Strangeness of Seht: Investigate Sotha Sil's recent change of character.
- "So you're the one that Divayth has tapped to be his aid in the Brass Fortress. Sorry to hear that.
Provost Varuni's ancestors hail from House Telvanni, just like Lord Fyr. But honestly, they couldn't be more different."
- What's it like working for Provost Varuni?
- "Not as bad as you might expect. She's young. Youth comes with impatience. But I've never felt unfairly judged, and she's generous with her praise.
Honestly, if I had the choice between serving Varuni or Sotha Sil, I'd take Varuni every time."
- Sotha Sil is difficult to work for.
- "Now more than ever. I don't pretend to understand his motives, but he's never been so demanding.
One example? He insists that we turn all the lights down before he enters a room. Do you have any idea how difficult that is? It's maddening."
- Is flipping a switch that difficult?
- "Ha! Flipping switches. That's rich.
Each lamp has its own switch, and some lamps have multiple switches. And if that isn't mad enough, some switches control multiple lamps! He's a god, I know. But it shouldn't take a genius to turn on the lights"
- That sounds frustrating
- "Don't even get me started.
Varuni might demand some obscure tome in the middle of the night, or chide someone for leaving oil on the floor, but that's the worst of it. Sotha Sil exiled an auxiliary last week because she forgot to switch off a lamp!"
- Thanks for letting me know all that. I should get going.
- "Right, right - don't let me keep you. I can't imagine how demanding Divayth Fyr must be. Better you than me, that's for sure. Keep your nose to the cogs and you'll be fine.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to flip two dozen switches. Again."