|Location||Tower of Lies, The Chasm, The Reaver Citadel|
Captain Arakh is an Orc member of the Fighters Guild who was captured with the rest of her group and imprisoned by the Tower of Lies. The place has had a heavy mental toll on her, making her become paranoid and convinced that her fellow captain had murdered her second-in-command.
Once she and her companions are rescued, she will participate in the push to Molag Bal's Lair.
- Truth, Lies, and Prisoners: Jump into a deep pit and help rescue the prisoners there.
- The Citadel Must Fall: Storm the Dremora defenses to reach the Endless Stair.
Truth, Lies, and Prisoners
Captain Arakh can be found in her camp on the western side of the pit. The area is better defended than most, with Camp Defenders guarding the entrances. As for the captain, she has moved her tent away from everyone else. When you first speak with her she will be very agitated.
- "Who are you and why are you here? Stop staring at me!"
Once you have agreed to find her helmet, if you speak with her again she will reveal that she is aware that an outside force is affecting her.
- "Stay back! I'll cut you! I really will!
It's the voices. They make me crazy. Always whispering to me … saying strange things. The voices …."
When you have found her helmet, you can return it to her which calms her down slightly.
- "This place … it does strange things to your mind."
- Captain Eilram said you needed your helmet.
- "How do I know you aren't just a distraction so Eilram can slip behind me and stab me in the back?
Wait. This is my helm. I'm so confused … but Eilram did kill my friend, Ifriz."
- Eilram is trying to get everyone out of here. You should talk to him.
At this she will start yelling at Captain Eilram and accusing him of murder. Eilram will fire back and try to convince her of the truth.
- Captain Arakh: "You killed Ifriz, Eilram! What else could there possibly be left to talk about?"
- Captain Eilram: "Get a hold of yourself, Arakh! Ifriz isn't one of ours. He's the bastard that runs this place."
- Captain Eilram: "You're being manipulated. Here's our roster. You won't find Ifriz on it."
- <Captain Arakh will walk up to Eilram to read the roster.>
- Captain Arakh: "Let me see that! I'm sure I knew him. Didn't I?"
- Captain Eilram: "We need to figure a way to get out of this Tower of Lies."
- <Lyranth the Dremora will suddenly appear.>
- Captain Arakh: "Who's that? Is that a Dremora?"
- Lyranth: "I grow weary of this situation. It's time to put an end to Ifriz's interference."
- Lyranth: "You need to kill Ifriz. I need him dead. It seems we have a common goal to discuss."
- Captain Arakh: "Help from a Dremora? Why doesn't that reassure me?"
If you speak with her after this she will still be confused over Ifriz.
- "Ifriz isn't in the Fighters Guild? I don't understand how I could have been so mistaken."
Once Lyranth has told you her proposal, Arakh will nominate herself to start gathering the fighters for an escape.
- "I'm still not totally clear on what's going on, but I'll help Captain Eilram rally our troops."
When Ifriz is killed and the barrier sealing off the portal is removed, Captain Arakh will be guiding prisoners to the exit. Mentally, she will be doing much better.
- "By Malacath's bloody mace, I feel so much better! That unbearable cloud of fear and confusion has finally lifted. I assume that this is your doing?"
- I killed Ifriz.
- "I figured. We started sending people through the portal as soon as the barrier collapsed.
There's a city nearby. We saw it before we were captured. We're going to try to regroup there."
- You should get out of here, too.
- "Just making sure the stragglers get to the portal.
By the way, you impressed Skordo, which isn't an easy thing to do. Find him on the other side. He wants to talk to you."
- Talk to Skordo, got it. Anything else before I go?
- "Take a look at the crystal we discovered. Eilram thinks it may be one of the Lights of Meridia the Mages Guild told us about. If it is, it could be invaluable to our efforts here."
- "I think that little Wood Elf was planning to face Molag Grunda all by herself before Cadwell ran up there. You'd better catch up with them. I'll make sure nothing follows you."
The Reaver Citadel
Captain Arakh can be met again on the land bridge outside the Reaver Citadel.
- "I'm relieved to be out of the Tower of Lies, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be out of this damned place altogether."
Once you have deactivated the wards at the Fighters Guild Hall, Arakh will be on the ground floor, watching the fighters emerge from the tunnel.
- "The walk through that tunnel wasn't pleasant. I never realized how much I hate cramped and crowded spaces.
Anyway, thanks for coming through for us. I was worried we were going to be trapped in here."
- I deactivated the wards. What's next?
- "Now we do what we do best—we fight!
King Dynar is upstairs. You should go and speak to him while we surprise the Dremora. They won't know what hit them!"
After you have gotten your latest orders from King Dynar, she will suggest you leave straight away.
- "The Dremora are fully engaged. If you're going to get the Mages Guild portal working, the time to leave is now."