|Home City||Brass Fortress|
- The Strangeness of Seht: Investigate Sotha Sil's recent change of character.
- "You're Lord Fyr's newest steward, eh? Could we talk later? If I don't finish this lamp inventory, Gascone will feed me to the fabricants."
- Lamp inventory?
- "Yeah, Gascone must know much I love doing paperwork.
- A few days ago, Sotha Sil ordered us to rip out all the lamps in here and replace them with less efficient ones. What kind of sense does that make? Who wants weaker lamps?"
- What are you doing with the old lamps?
- "A bunch of factotums loaded them onto a dolly and dumped them somewhere in the Mechanical Fundament.
- Hey, I know that look. If you're looking to poach a free lamp, don't bother. Gascone made us slag them all. And that's not even the worst part.
- What's the worst part?
- "Half the old switches don't work with the new lamps, so we've had to manufacture new switches. And half the time, the switches get installed backward, which means we have to do it all over again! Even the factotums don't know what they're doing!"
- "That does sound frustrating, but...
- "And don't even get me stared on the lamp assembly! Sotha Sil could have tuned the fabricators to make the new lamps with a flick of his finger, but he demanded that we do it instead!
- Do you have any idea how complex the fabricators are?"
- I don't. But I really have to go. Good luck.
Speaking to her again will have her say, "Crank this... I've never had to do this much paperwork. And this isn't even the worst part!"