|# of Zones||1|
|# of Welkynd Stones||9|
|# of Varla Stones||0|
Umbra's Ebony Armor
1 boss-level Chest
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Southwest of Waterfront, East of Clavicus Vile's Shrine|
During the Ayleid occupation of Cyrodiil, Vindasel was used as a torture chamber for disobedient human slaves.
- Vindasel is one of the smaller dungeons in the game, but it is home to a very popular target: the female Bosmer Umbra. Umbra can be found in Vindasel from the start of the game, even if you have not started Clavicus Vile's quest.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 0, 7
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Vindasel (editor name VindaselMapMarker). The entrance door is WSW of the marker, 50 feet away.
- 0-2 Conjurer Enemies (each 33% probability Conjurer, 67% Daedra) are near the entrance
- 1 Road Creature (Plains variety) is near the entrance
- 1 Wilderness Creature (Forest variety) is near the entrance
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 16 Green Stain Cup plants, 11 Monkshood plants, 12 Steel-Blue Entoloma plants, and 18 Summer Bolete plants
Zone 1: Vindasel
This ruin is very straightforward and linear; your ultimate objective being Umbra, found in the last room at U. Apart from the other, insignificant creatures in the dungeon, there are two traps (C and D) which can easily be avoided. In the final room you will also find a boss chest (B) and a bedroll (b) you are free to sleep in. Because Umbra isn't initially aggressive, you are free to loot the chest.
- Umbra (target in Clavicus Vile's quest; carries the sword Umbra and a full suit of Umbra's Ebony Armor; note that the armor is not true Ebony Armor below level 15) at location U on map
- 7 Nuisance Animals
- 1 boss-level Chest (Conjurer variety; locked) at location B on map
- 1 Restoration Ayleid Chest
- 9 Welkynd Stones. Five are high up in alcoves in the first room (see the stones' page for tips on how to reach them). The other four are on pedestals in the second room; watch out for the gas trap in the midst of the pedestals.
- The following ingredients will always be found: 1 Bonemeal and 1 Bread Loaf
Doors and Gates:
- There is one door (at Out) in/out of this zone, leading outside
- 1 bedroll at location b on map (hidden under the U symbol)