|Store||A Warlock's Luck|
|Available||8am-8pm every day|
|Sells||clothing, ingredients, books, miscellaneous items,
Ring of Transmutation
Ungarion is an Altmer enchanter and the owner of A Warlock's Luck in Bravil. Due to his class and his relationship with the local guild hall, Ungarion sells spells from nearly all the magical schools and also a variety of miscellaneous items, including the unique and enchanted Ring of Transmutation.
Ungarion lives the typical life of a merchant, working long hours and having very little free time. He unlocks his store every morning at 8am and spends the next twelve hours offering his services to the population of Bravil. At 8pm, he closes up for the day and heads for Silverhome on the Water, where he will take his dinner for two hours. Afterwards, at 10pm, he will pay a late visit to the local Mages Guild Hall and hang out on the ground floor while chatting with his "colleagues" in the spell-casting business. At midnight, he goes home and finds his bed on the second floor above the store for eight hours of sleep.
He wears a blue and green outfit and thick cowhide shoes. He carries the key to his store and a considerable amount of gold. Ungarion doesn't wield any weapons, choosing instead to rely on a set of low-medium spells from nearly all the magic schools. These are also the same spells you can buy off him.
He will greet new customers by saying: "Take a chance on the Warlock's Luck! Heh-heh. Just kidding. Everything is all perfectly safe. Tested it myself. Ungarion, retired adventurer. You may have heard of me?", which may not be the best way to put prospective buyers at their ease. When asked about Bravil, he will tell you that: "There are two ruined forts south of Bravil. One is close to the road to Leyawiin. The other is out on a point of land that projects into Niben Bay." This presumably refers to Fort Nomore and Fort Irony, although the former could be Fathis Aren's Tower. In any case, no markers are added to your map.
- It is not possible to invest in Ungarion's store, even after you have reached 75 skill in Mercantile.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.0 of the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
He sells the following spells:
|Protect||Novice||10||Shield 5% for 30sec on Self|
|Electric Shell||Apprentice||54||Shock Shield 10% for 30sec on Self|
|Frost Shell||Apprentice||54||Frost Shield 10% for 30sec on Self|
|Heat Shell||Apprentice||54||Fire Shield 10% for 30sec on Self|
|Water Breathing||Apprentice||43||Water Breathing for 30sec on Self|
|Turn Undead||Novice||11||Turn Undead up to level 3 for 30sec on Target|
|Summon Ghost||Apprentice||55||Summon Ghost for 25sec on Self|
|Summon Scamp||Apprentice||60||Summon Scamp for 20sec on Self|
|Shocking Touch||Novice||14||Shock Damage 10pts on Touch|
|Flame Touch||Apprentice||46||Fire Damage 25pts on Touch|
|Weakness to Poison||Apprentice||27||Weakness to Poison 25% for 30sec on Target|
|Starlight||Novice||14||Light in 20ft for 60sec on Self|
|Eyes of Eventide||Apprentice||33||Night-Eye for 15sec on Self|
|Major Dispel||Apprentice||47||Dispel 45pts on Self|
|Remote Manipulation||Apprentice||28||Telekinesis 10ft for 20sec on Target|
|Soul Trap||Apprentice||60||Soul Trap for 20sec on Touch|
|Fortify Fatigue||Novice||11||Fortify Fatigue 25pts for 45sec on Self|
|Greater Fortify Fatigue||Apprentice||26||Fortify Fatigue 50pts for 45sec on Self|
|Fortify Magicka||Journeyman||69||Fortify Magicka 30 pts for 60sec on Self|
- The magicka cost for most purchasable spells matches the value you would calculate from the Spell Cost equation. In other words, if you were to create the same spell at the Spellmaking Altar, it would have the same magicka cost as the purchasable spell. There are a few exceptions. Spells that are a bad deal, i.e. more expensive than a custom spell, are in red; spells that are a good deal are in green. The magicka cost if you were to create a custom spell at the Spellmaking Altar is shown in parentheses.
- The magicka cost for spells is dependent upon your skill in the school (as modified by Luck, see Magic Overview). The provided baseline values are the magicka cost when your skill level is 33. For other skill levels the magicka cost can be determined from:
Cost * (1.4 - 0.012 * Skill)
- More powerful spells cost more to buy, have a higher skill requirement, and consume more Magicka.
- Level indicates what skill level you must reach (or surpass) in order to use a spell. Skill Level 0-24 = Novice, 25-49 = Apprentice, 50-74 = Journeyman, 75-99 = Expert, 100 = Master.
- The base cost in gold that you must pay to purchase a spell is always three times the current magicka cost of the spell, taking into account your character's skill level and Luck. (The actual cost you pay is further increased based on how well you haggle with the merchant.) Therefore, if you have any Fortify Skill or Fortify Luck spells/potions handy, you can get significantly better deals when purchasing spells.