|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
(RefID: 0001FB2E, 00046673)
|Location||Lake Arrius Caverns; Paradise|
|Level||PC+0||Class||Mythic Dawn Adept|
|Health||33 + (3+1.8)x(PC-1), PC=5-32|
|Magicka||288 + 3.5x(PC-1) (max=400)|
|Faction(s)||Mythic Dawn (Initiate ); Used for MQ06 dialogue conditions|
Ruma Camoran is a High Elf Mythic Dawn Adept and the daughter of Mankar Camoran. She is encountered in Lake Arrius Caverns during the main quest. If you opt to pretend to join the Mythic Dawn, Ruma will order you to slay Jeelius as a sacrifice to show devotion to Mehrunes Dagon. Later she is encountered in Paradise where she faces you along with her father and her brother, Raven Camoran.
She wears a Mythic Dawn robe with a matching hood and a pair of braided leather sandals. She is armed with a leveled offensive magic destruction staff (always strongest for Ruma's level, Greater Staff of Storms from level 21) and carries a small amount of gold. Ruma has only a few spells: a "Mythic Dawn Barrier Spell," (a leveled Shield spell), a weak Shock spell, in addition to a Bound Dagger spell. She also has a personal birthsign which gives her permanent 50pts Fortify Magicka and 33% Shield effects.
However, Raven has somewhat of a mismatch with her spells: since the Mythic Dawn Adept class doesn't have Alteration as a major skill, Ruma will be unable to cast higher-leveled Shield spells. She will only be able to cast a Protect spell since her Alteration skill will be novice, even at higher player levels. Her Alteration will only be apprentice level by level 51, which is not possible for most players to reach without making use of exploits. In addition, she does not have powerful Conjuration and Destruction spells in any leveled spells list. She also does not have Blade as a major skill, despite her knowing Bound Dagger.
When you first enter conversation with her, she will ask you to slay a "sacrifice", the Argonian named Jeelius:
- "You have come to dedicate yourself to Lord Dagon's service. This pact must be sealed with red-drink, the blood of Lord Dagon's enemies. Take up the dagger and offer Lord Dagon the sacrificial red-drink, as pledge of your own life's blood, which shall be his in the end."
- I will slay the sacrifice.
- "Lord Dagon thirsts for red-drink. Sate him."
- No, I will not kill for you.
- "Then Lord Dagon shall drink your blood instead." (Becomes hostile)
If approached again:
- "You must slay the sacrifice to bind yourself fully to Lord Dagon's service. Lord Dagon thirsts for blood."
Once you complete your "initiation", she will say:
- "Well done. You are now a member of the Order of the Mythic Dawn, one of the Chosen. Your life belongs to Lord Dagon."
If approached again after you are a member:
- "Welcome, brother. You are one of the Chosen now."
- Time of Cleansing
- "It is very near, don't worry. We await only the Master's word before we throw open the gates to Oblivion. When Lord Dagon Himself walks the earth, our victory will be complete. He will rule over Tamriel and the Mythic Age will be restored."
- Mysterium Xarxes
- "Lord Dagon wrote it with his own hand, and gave it to the Master as a sign of His favor. None but the Master may touch it or read from it. You were fortunate to have heard the Master read from its sacred pages."
- Mankar Camoran
- "The Master knows the secret mind of Lord Dagon. He speaks with Him and teaches us from His holy book, the Mysterium Xarxes. You are fortunate indeed, to have heard the Master preach at your initiation!"
If you steal the Xarxes:
- "He dares to touch the sacred Xarxes! Kill him!"
In Paradise, Ruma will first greet you on the steps of Carac Agaialor, Mankar's palace, along with her brother, Raven. Her first words will be:
- "You did not expect to see me again, did you? You have no grasp of the power that my father has at his command. You think you can stop us? Soon Mehrunes Dagon will walk upon Tamriel for the first time since the Mythic Age, and our victory will be complete. Come, my father is waiting to welcome you at Carac Agaialor."
The conversation will end, and she will move to enter Carac Agaialor. If you attempt to speak to her again, she will simply say:
- "Why do you delay? Do you fear to face Mankar Camoran himself? As well you should."
During combat she can shout:
- "You know nothing of my father's true power!"
- "You are too late, fool!"
- "You cannot stop Lord Dagon!"
- "My father will never be beaten by the likes of you."
When hit she can shout:
- "My father's power sustains me!"
- "Fool! I am immortal here!"
- "Strike me down, if you can!"
- "Strength against strength!"
- Ruma has two refid parameters because she exists twice at the start of the game. The first parameter refers to her incarnation in Lake Arrius Caverns; the second to her appearance in Paradise.