|# of Zones||1|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Northwest of Bravil, south of the White Rose River|
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Pothole Caverns (editor name PotholeCavernsMapMarker). The entrance door is northeast of the marker, 50 feet away.
- 3 Wilderness Creatures (Forest variety) are near the entrance
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 9 Fly Amanita plants, 9 Green Stain Cup plants, 37 Monkshood plants, and 4 Summer Bolete plants
- Wayshrine of Zenithar is at location W on map
- The exterior of this cave offers some clues as to the profession of its inhabitants: just outside the entrance you will find 3 coffins, one open to reveal a Zombie corpse, various tools and bones scattered around.
Zone 1: Pothole CavernsEdit
Upon entering Pothole Caverns you will immediately face a triple intersection: the left and right paths provides access to the main chamber of the dungeon, while the path straight ahead leads to a prison area. This area is made up of three cells: an unlocked one contains a dead captive (H), a locked one (G) holds up to two enemies while the third one (F), also locked, only contains a bread loaf.
Heading left is advisable, as you'll find it easier to return to the entrance; the only draw-back being that you will not be able to use the Falling Log trap at E to your advantage against the enemy nearby. After tackling the Swinging Mace traps at C (make sure to avoid the pressure plates that activate them), check out the small room to the right and then jump down a hole to find up to three enemies and a dangling corpse to greet you.
Using sneak is advisable in the large chamber as you may face up to four enemies at the same time. On the northeastern wall is an altar area with two altars, a corpse clamped to the wall and a sacrificial altar (b) that you can sleep on. Before heading back out, don't miss the room to the north which contains up to two enemies, a bedroll (b) and a chest (k) which holds the key to the cells.
- 2 Chests 01 (both locked)
- 1 Chest 02
- 1 Chest 04
- 1 Necromancer's Chest (contains Pot Hole Cell Key, 1 silver arrow; non-respawning) at location k on map
- The other following items will always be found: 1 Bread Loaf, 1 Cheese Wedge, and 1 Iron Shortsword
Doors and Gates:
- There is one door (at Out) in/out of this zone, leading outside
- 1 A Rusty Door at G (locked, opened by Pot Hole Cell Key)
- 1 Prison Cell Door at F (locked, opened by Pot Hole Cell Key)
- 1 Dead Captive (carries light armor greaves and gauntlets, 10% chance jewelry, all possibly enchanted) at location H on map
- 1 Sacrificial Altar (can be used as a bed) at b
- 1 sleeping slab at b