|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Added by||Thieves Den|
|Level||10||Class||Thieves Guild Fence|
|Available||2am-11pm every day|
|Training||Mercantile, Advanced (75)|
|Sells||Lockpicks, Weapons, Armor|
Khafiz, a Redguard fence, can be found on the main deck of the Black Flag or in the small cave to the north after purchasing the "Fence" upgrade for Dunbarrow Cove from Dahlia Rackham for 1000 gold. He sells lockpicks and a selection of weapons and armor (including enchanted items); he will buy any items, including stolen items. He provides training in Mercantile (up to skill level 75, even though his own Mercantile skill level is only 48). An Expert in Mercantile may invest in Khafiz to increase his available gold.
From 2am to 11pm he can be found in his personal cave in Dunbarrow Cove where he will buy your stolen goods and sell them to the Thieves guild. This has the benefit of having your very own fence right outside your bedroom as well as the fact that anything you sell to him will be counted towards your Independent Thievery quest progress. The rest of the time he can be found wandering the rest of the cave; you will still be able to train your Mercantile with him but he won't be available to barter with until 2am.
Also included with the upgrade is Bacon, a pet warthog (who can usually be found in the small cave to the north that contains a sleeping roll). Bacon is essential (he will fall unconscious and then wake up a few minutes later), allowing easy training of combat skills. When Bacon reawakens he will no longer be hostile if you do not have a weapon drawn. He is identified as a warthog when you hire Khafiz, but he is identical in appearance to a boar.
- Independent Thievery: Steal as much as you can, and sell it to a Thieves Guild fence.
- Dunbarrow Cove: Uncover a famous pirate's lost ship and claim it as your own.
- Khafiz is supposed to have an option where you can pay him half of your bounty to clear it with the guards (similar to the service offered by Thieves Guild Doyens) but the topic never appears.
- Khafiz is often seen picking fights with other occupants of Dunbarrow Cove, and will randomly run across the cave to attack either Melliwin, Kovan Kren, or Tahm Blackwell. They will fight until one or the other is knocked unconscious (since they are all essential, nobody ever dies during these fights), but sometimes Khafiz will run away and possibly not come back. While engaged in a fight neither combatant will offer any services.
- This bug is fixed by version 12 of the Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches.
- Create or use an already existing Calm spell (up to at least level 10+, and with a relatively large area of effect), and if the merchants begin fighting, fire the spell until they are all calm. After that simply use the wait feature and wait for any amount of time. When you "wake up", the pirates should be walking back to their posts as if nothing happened.
- Try to get the fight to move to an area away from either person's usual area. In that case, once somebody falls unconscious, the other person will wander off, which tends to cease the fight, especially if you then start interacting with one of the participants.
- Wait for some period of time (12 hours, 24 hours) and see if their behavior resets.
- Select one participant in the fight and use the kill command. This will knock that participant unconscious and should reset the behavior of both combatants.