|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Health||35 + (5+1.4)x(PC+1), PC=3-41|
|Magicka||175 + 3.5x(PC+1) (max=300)|
|Follower||Secrets of the Ayleids|
|Faction(s)||Claude Maric's personal faction|
Claude Maric is a Breton rogue who can usually be found in the Talos Plaza District of the Imperial City or staying at the Roxey Inn just outside the city with the mercenaries in his employ, when he's not treasure hunting in the area's Ayleid ruins.
He also works as a treasure hunter for Umbacano during the quest Nothing You Can Possess, where he will relocate to the Imperial City and track you upon leaving Umbacano Manor. He will take you to The Tiber Septim Hotel and he will offer you information about The High Fane. After retrieving the carving from Malada, he will relocate to outside the ruin at stage 50 of the quest. After the ambush, if he survives he will join you to escort Umbacano through the Ayleid city of Nenalata. He will make his way towards Nenalata at stage 60 of the Secrets of the Ayleids quest. Should he survive until the end of the quest, he will make his way back to the Roxey Inn.
He is equipped with a nearly full suit of leveled light armor, all of the best possible quality for your level and potentially enchanted. The only piece of armor he is missing is the helmet. His weapon is a short sword, again of the best quality and possibly enchanted. Out of combat, he wears a brown shirt, tan linens, and doeskin shoes. He also has a small amount of gold. He will know one leveled Illusion spell.
- Sometimes Claude Maric gets a Chameleon enchanted piece of armor, and if he is following you this makes it quite easy to hit him by mistake.
- If you accepted S'razirr's offer of help during the Nothing You Can Possess quest, he survives, AND you pay him the agreed upon money, S'razirr will return to the Roxey Inn. If Maric survives Secrets of the Ayleids he will also return to the Inn, and when you enter the Inn he will attack S'razirr.
- If you raise Maric's disposition towards you and get him to tell you where Malada is, he will mistakenly say that it is to the far west in the Valus Mountains, when it is in fact to the east.
- This bug is fixed by version 3.5.0 of the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- Should Maric join you in escorting Umbacano in the Secrets of the Ayleids quest, and if he survives the many undead that attack in the throne room, he may walk back the way you came rather than leave through the new exit. However, the stairs leading out the way you came have been raised and are no longer accessible, meaning that he will walk aimlessly into the stairs.
- He may also walk around in a circle near the stairs for some time in confusion, but should eventually find the right way out.