There is no message or alert that lets you know that you have completed everything the game has to offer. So, here is a list of all completable statistics within Oblivion; it is up to you whether or not you want your character(s) to achieve these ultimate measures of completion.
Summary of 100% CompletionEdit
- Quests Completed: 199
- Master Skills: 21
- Oblivion Gates Shut: 60
- Horses Owned: 7
- Houses Owned: 8
- Stores Invested In: 94
- Artifacts Found: 15
- Skill Books Read: 109
- Places Found: 367
- Fame: 198
Requirements not recorded in your AccomplishmentsEdit
- Grand Champion of the Arena
- Attain all 7 Heaven Stone Greater Powers
- Complete the Pilgrimage of the Nine Divines and be granted the Pilgrim's Grace Greater Power
- Defeat Unique Enemies
Greater than 100% Completion AccomplishmentsEdit
- Nirnroots Found: 306 (309 with every official download installed)
- Welkynd Stones Collected: 696-712* (minimum of 721 with Knights of the Nine, which also adds random chance stones)
- Varla Stones Collected: 56-71* (minimum of 61 with every download installed)
- 15 stones appear in Vahtacen, all of which have a chance of being Welkynd or Varla stones
- Collect all 366 Keys (or 374 with every download installed)
- Collect all 109 Skill Books and 147 other Books
There are 204 journal quests that can appear in the journal. At most, a maximum of 203 quests can appear in the journal, 199 of which can be completed. Additionally, there are seven quests that can be completed that do not appear in the journal.
If attempting to obtain the maximum number of quests, Eternal Exile is the one quest which mustn't be started (added to the journal) since doing so will mean expulsion from the Dark Brotherhood, which makes the remainder of the quest line inaccessible. Thus, 203 quests are the most that can appear in the journal instead of all 204.
If attempting to complete the maximum number of quests, there are four quests which can be started but cannot completed:
- Two quests that can never be completed are Whispers of Death and The Arena. These are the final quests in the Dark Brotherhood and The Arena quest lines, respectively, and can be "completed" repeatedly for a gold reward, so they will never appear as completed in the quest journal.
- Additionally, another quest that can be "completed" repeatedly is Cast out of the Thieves Guild. Since you are never permanently expelled from the Thieves Guild, you may always "buy" your way back in. This quest will also never appear as completed in the quest journal.
- Expelled from the Fighters Guild can be started but must not be completed since doing so will permanently expel you from the Fighters Guild and render the remainder of its respective quest line inaccessible. Additionally, it is impossible to be permanently expelled after you have become Master of the Fighters Guild.
Thus, of the 203 quests which can appear in the journal, 199 quests are the most that can be completed.
Several quests can be rendered inaccessible or unable to be completed because of conflicts with other quests. It is therefore advised to plan when you time your quests to start or finish.
Main Quest Line - 19 QuestsEdit
There are 17 main quests in this quest line with three side quests, two of which can be missed, one of which does not appear in your journal:
- Attack on Fort Sutch (which does not appear in your journal) begins with the completion of Dagon Shrine and becomes inaccessible with the start of Light the Dragonfires.
- Allies for Bruma begins with the completion of Bruma Gate and becomes inaccessible with the start of Defense of Bruma.
Dark Brotherhood - 34 QuestsEdit
There are also a few possible missable quests in the Dark Brotherhood quest line:
- The Renegade Shadowscale must be completed before The Purification, otherwise, with the death of Teinaava, this quest cannot be finished.
- Darkness Eternal must be completed before The Purification, otherwise, with the death of Vicente Valtieri, this quest cannot be finished. Additionally, one must also not be a Vampire or this quest will not be made available to start.
- A Dark Exile and Another Dark Exile must be completed before the completion of The Purification. Subsequent to this, it is impossible to break one of the five tenets.
If going for the maximum number of quests, Eternal Exile is the one quest which cannot be started (added to the journal) since doing so will mean expulsion from the Dark Brotherhood, where the remainder of the quest line is then inaccessible.
If going for the maximum number of completed quests, Whispers of Death can be started but not completed. It is the final quest in the Dark Brotherhood quest line, and can be "completed" repeatedly for a gold reward, so it never appears completed in the quest journal.
Fighters Guild - 20 QuestsEdit
If going for the maximum number of completed quests, Expelled from the Fighters Guild can be started but must not be completed since doing so will disable completion of the quest line. Additionally, it is impossible to be expelled after you have become Master of the Fighters Guild.
Mages Guild - 22 QuestsEdit
Thieves Guild - 14 QuestsEdit
If going for the maximum number of completed quests, Cast out of the Thieves Guild can be started but not completed. It will never be removed from your journal despite completing it and can be repeatedly completed.
Main Cities - 44 QuestsEdit
- Newheim's Flagon: A gang of Bosmer thieves has been causing some problems around Anvil.
- Where Spirits Have Lease: It's your chance to buy a large manor, cheap! There's only one little snag...
- The Siren's Deception: An all-female gang of thieves is preying on married men in the town.
- The Ghost Ship of Anvil: Varulae needs you to recover her crystal ball from the haunted ship.
- Caught in the Hunt: Ursanne Loche's husband is missing!
- Through A Nightmare, Darkly: Help Kud-Ei from the Bravil Mages Guild save her missing friend.
- The Forlorn Watchman: Lay to rest the spirit of a former sailor.
- Buying a house in Bravil: Purchase a small house on the far side of the canal in Bravil.
- Two Sides of the Coin: Arnora wants you to speak with Jorundr to find out where their stolen gold is hidden.
- A Brotherhood Betrayed: It appears that a vampire in town was recently killed by Raynil Dralas, a self-proclaimed vampire hunter.
- Lifting the Vale: Countess Narina Carvain wants you to find the Draconian Madstone.
- Buying a house in Bruma: Purchase a large house in the traditional style of Bruma.
- A Brush with Death: Help a distraught wife find a famous painter who has gone missing.
- Buying a house in Cheydinhal: Purchase a large house in the exclusive end of Cheydinhal.
- Corruption and Conscience: The Captain of the Guard in Cheydinhal is corrupt and the citizens want him removed.
- The Wayward Knight: You must escort Farwil and his fellow knight through the Oblivion gate to retrieve the sigil stone to close the gate.
- The Killing Field: Valus Odiil in The Grey Mare in Chorrol needs you to help his sons reclaim his besieged farm.
- Separated at Birth: Investigate rumors around Chorrol that indicate some strange behavior on the part of one Reynald Jemane.
- Legacy Lost: Help long-lost twins recover their childhood home.
- Sins of the Father: A thief wants you to recover an item stolen by the Jemane brothers' father.
- A Shadow Over Hackdirt: Seed-Neeus' daughter Dar-Ma has gone missing.
- Canvas the Castle: Someone has stolen a valuable painting from Castle Chorrol!
- Buying a house in Chorrol: Purchase Arborwatch, a plush house in the center of Chorrol.
- Buy a house in the Imperial City: Get your foot on the property ladder with a rundown shack in a poor district.
- Unfriendly Competition: A newly opened shop run by Thoronir is selling goods below cost, causing big problems for the other merchants.
- The Collector: Help Umbacano, a collector of ancient artifacts, recover the "Ten Ancestors", a set of ancient Ayleid statues.
- Nothing You Can Possess: Umbacano wants you to recover a decorative carving from the High Fane.
- Secrets of the Ayleids: Umbacano wants you to try to buy the Crown of Nenalata from a rival collector.
- The Order of the Virtuous Blood: You are asked to help kill a Vampire.
- Imperial Corruption: One of the Imperial Guard captains in the Imperial City is corrupt.
- An Unexpected Voyage: The Bloated Float Inn has been hijacked by brigands while you slept!
- Origin of the Gray Prince: Agronak gro-Malog, the Imperial Arena Grand Champion asks you to find proof of his noble birthright.
- Vampire Cure: A long quest to gain the cure for vampirism.
- Raid on Greyland: Help the Leyawiin Guard get rid of a drug trafficker.
- Tears of the Savior: S'drassa of the Leyawiin Mages Guild is looking for Garridan's Tears.
- Whom Gods Annoy: Rosentia Gallenus has been plagued by a foul smelling odor and some unusual house guests.
- Mazoga the Orc: Count Marius Caro is concerned about Mazoga, an Orc at Castle Leyawiin who claims to be a knight.
- Knights of the White Stallion: Join this Knightly order by killing a notorious bandit.
- Buying a house in Leyawiin: Purchase a house that perfectly matches its scruffy surroundings in Leyawiin.
- Paranoia: Help a paranoid Wood Elf with his conspiracy woes.
- Buying a house in Skingrad: Purchase Rosethorn Hall, a large manor house in Skingrad.
- Helping Hands: Hire a housekeeper for your manor in Skingrad.
- The Rosethorn Cache: Find the hidden treasure of a thief who lived 200 years ago.
- Seeking Your Roots: After discovering a peculiar plant called Nirnroot, you decide to investigate it further.
Villages and Inns - 11 QuestsEdit
- Go Fish: Help Aelwin contribute to his retirement savings by obtaining the scales from some Rumare Slaughterfish for him to sell.
- The Sunken One: Find the owner of an abandoned farmhouse.
- The Potato Snatcher: S'jirra has had her potatoes stolen!
- Bear Season: A farmer needs you to kill some bears to protect his flock of sheep.
- Revenge Served Cold: Help a farmer seek revenge on the goblins who killed his wife.
- The Gravefinder's Repose: Help the innkeeper deal with a local Necromancer.
- No Stone Unturned: Help an Altmer Sorcerer at the Imperial Bridge Inn recover his research notes.
- A Venerable Vintage: Nerussa would like you to collect six bottles of a rare wine for her.
- When the Vow Breaks: Recover the family heirloom for an abandoned wife.
- Zero Visibility: Help the citizens of Aleswell become visible again.
- Goblin Trouble: Stop a goblin war so a family can return to their farm.
Arena - 1 QuestEdit
- The Arena: Battle your way through the ranks to become the "Arena Grand Champion".
Daedric - 15 QuestsEdit
Master Training - 21 QuestsEdit
- Attack on Fort Sutch: Help a group of soldiers close an Oblivion Gate (non-journal).
- The Forgotten Chests of Pale Pass: A treasure hunt in Pale Pass leads to a magical ring hidden many years ago by an unlucky thief (non-journal).
- The Horror of Dive Rock: Slay the Horror of Dive Rock, the Uderfrykte Matron (non-journal).
- Black Bow Bandits: Tag along with Mazoga the Orc to track down and kill Black Bow Bandits (non-journal).
- Lich of Lost Boy Cavern: Follow the story of an exiled mage trying to save his friend from himself (non-journal).
- The Unbeaten Path: Follow the clues given to you by a mysterious note and a strange longsword in order to find an unusual treasure (non-journal).
- Illegal Cargo: Stop the illegal sheep shipment at the Sea Tub Clarabella (non-journal).
This requirement also ensures that you have the maximum level possible for your character and all Skill perks.
Oblivion Gates ShutEdit
The maximum possible number of Oblivion Gates shut is 60: 50 random gates, 9 city-related gates, and the Great Gate, outside of Bruma. In order to find all 50 random gates, you will need to explore possible Oblivion Gate locations after completing the Dagon Shrine quest and before you enter Mankar Camoran's Paradise during the Paradise quest. You must close all of the Oblivion Gates before completing the Main Quest: after Light the Dragonfires has been completed, all Oblivion Gates will automatically disappear.
Some players have had problems making the accomplishment page state that 60 gates have been closed. In this situation, you must leave one random gate open until after closing the Great Gate. Prior to closing either of these last two, your accomplishment page will read 58. Even after you close the Great Gate, the accomplishment page will not change to 59. Only after you close the last standing random gate will both that gate and the Great Gate register as closed, giving you a total of 60. [verification needed — see]
To buy all 7, check this list of horses and horse merchants in Cyrodiil.
With Horse Armor Pack official download
- Including Old Nag 8 horses could be owned.
- Including Shadowmere and Prior Maborel's, 10 horses could be outfitted with a set of armor.
To buy all 8, check this list of empty houses, who is selling them and who will furnish them.
Stores Invested InEdit
94 without any official downloads. 100 including merchants from official downloads.
Without any downloads, there are 99 merchants in the game, all of whom are listed in the Merchants article. Of these, all but five can be invested in. The five exceptions are: Calindil, Edgar Vautrine, Ernest Manis, M'raaj-Dar, and Ungarion.
Downloads add another eleven merchants. It is possible to invest in six of these merchants (Dahlia Rackham, Khafiz, Rowley Eardwulf, Sergius Turrianus, Nilphas Omellian and Niels), but it is not possible to invest in Aurelinwae or any of the Dunbarrow Cove merchants aside from Khafiz.
Warning: To complete this, you need to make sure that all merchants in the game that can be invested in survive until you reach Expert level in Mercantile. Note that Selena Orania in the Bruma Mages Guild dies during A Plot Revealed, Andreas Draconis is to be killed during the Next of Kin quest, Kirsten will no longer converse with you after Mephala's quest, and neither will Etira Moslin and Vlanhonder Moslin after A Shadow Over Hackdirt. As an alternative to reaching expert level, you could make a Fortify Skill spell to increase your Mercantile level to at least 75. This adds the option to invest in the shop, regardless of your base Mercantile level, and allows you to invest in those two stores before completing the related quest.
Skill Books ReadEdit
To read all 109 skill books, check this list of where books can be found. Note that the "Books Read" statistic on your character page is relatively meaningless, as it does not have any way of checking if a book has already been read. You can boost this value indefinitely merely by repeatedly opening and closing the same book over and over again. (And of course, there's no way for it to tell whether you've actually read the book, merely opening it and closing it is enough.)
There are as many as 367 places which are counted on your "Accomplishments Page" (excluding downloads).
There are more locations to find that have no map marker, and the count on the accomplishment page doesn't increase when these locations are visited.
- Great Gate
- Isolated House
- Melus Petilius' House
- Fort Pale Pass
- Smuggler's Cave
- The Bloated Float Inn
- The Sentinel
- More on the Unmarked Places page.
There are 2 other places already marked on your map from the start of the game (the count on the accomplishment page will not increase when you visit the locations) including:
If you have all of the official downloads as well, the total number of places that you can find that will count as found in your journal (not including the Shivering Isles maps' places), increases by 6 to as many as 373 total. The downloads also add 3 icons to your map for places that start as already found, that can never count as found in your journal. With all of the download places' icons counted into the overall total icons, the total maximum icons that are ever displayed on the in-game map becomes 419 icons, including the 33 that are city-related and the 8 horse stables.
Warning: There are three quest-related locations with impact on the count. If you haven't visited them before doing the quest they will be marked as already discovered on the map marker (compare with Imperial Prison Sewer, above).
- Arpenia during Azani Blackheart
- Cloud Ruler Temple during Weynon Priory
- Sedor during The Stone of St. Alessia
This statistic requires successful completion of all Daedric quests.
Grand Champion of the ArenaEdit
As the quest The Arena is never completed, this title is the only title not implicitly given by the completion of 199 quests.
There are several unique enemies that you would not come across even if you had completed all the journal quests, so for 100% completion you should seek out and defeat:
- The Uderfrykte Matron, aka The Horror of Dive Rock.
- The lich Erandur-Vangaril in Lost Boy Cavern.
- The Ghost of Perennia Draconis is encountered if you activate the grave outside Applewatch after the Dark Brotherhood quest Next of Kin.
- The Spectral Mud Crab may be encountered in Paradise if you do enough exploring.
- The Giant Slaughterfish from the Wizard's Grotto leading to Fathis Aren's Tower.
- The leveled Rat in Lazare Milvan's house.
- The Giant Mud Crab in Greenmead Cave.
There are a total of 306 Nirnroots to be found. The Nirnroot page gives some information on where they are located and how to find them (specifically, it lists all Nirnroots that are found indoors). Otherwise, you can use the site's to locate the outdoor ones (you must zoom in to level 16 to see them).
Expansions and Official DownloadsEdit
With the purchase of the Shivering Isles expansion and the nine official downloads, which includes the Knights of the Nine download, a player may increase their fame, completed quests, places found and may also invest in new merchants. There are a total of 64 new places that can be found, 8 more fame points to be gained, 4 more stores to be invested in and 49 new quests which can be completed. The accomplishments summary has been updated to reflect these additional statistics.
Shivering Isles adds 31 possible quests to your journal, 2 non-journal quests and 1 quest that cannot be completed.
Main - 16 QuestsEdit
- A Door in Niben Bay: Cross the threshold of Madness.
- Through the Fringe of Madness: Get past the Gates of Madness.
- A Better Mousetrap: Activate the Resonator of Judgment.
- Baiting the Trap: Decide the fate of some greedy new adventurers in the Isles.
- Understanding Madness: Meet the Duke of Mania and the Duchess of Dementia and join their courts.
- The Cold Flame of Agnon: Choose sides in the battle at Cylarne to relight the hope of New Sheoth.
- Ritual of Accession: Become a Duke/Duchess in the Court of Madness.
- Retaking The Fringe: Defend The Fringe and stop the attackers.
- Rebuilding the Gatekeeper: Find all of the parts of the Gatekeeper and rebuild it.
- The Helpless Army: Save the Mazken/Aureal from the Knights of Order.
- Symbols of Office: Procure the two items needed to craft the Staff of Sheogorath.
- The Roots of Madness: Cleanse the Pools of Madness.
- The End of Order: Fight the last battle against the forces of order and Jyggalag.
- The Prince of Madness: End the Greymarch; get your rewards.
Bliss and Crucible - 9 QuestsEdit
- Falling Awake: Find a place to sleep for a scared Breton.
- Work is Never Done: Help Tove the Unrestful build a sky boat from calipers and tongs.
- The Fork of Horripilation: Find the Fork of Horripilation for Big Head!
- Brithaur: Stop him from making everyone go crazy! Oh wait…
- The Coming Storm: Help Ahjazda prepare for the storm.
- Final Resting: Help Hirrus Clutumnus end his life.
- A Liquid Solution: Find the Ultimate Cure.
- The Museum of Oddities: Una Armina wants you to find "Oddities" for her museum.
- Ushnar's Terror: Ushnar is terrified of cats, but unfortunately a Khajiit beggar has become his shadow.
Settlements - 5 QuestsEdit
- Everything In Its Place: "Liberate" a farm's Khajiit workers from the "cruel mind control" of their overseer.
- Ghosts of Vitharn: Set things right for the ghosts of a fallen castle.
- The Great Divide: Resolve the "trouble of doubles".
- Taxonomy of Obsession: Help a Dunmer finish her research.
- To Help A Hero: Retrieve the stolen medallion of a Knight of the Thorn.
Optional - 3 QuestsEdit
Can be completed, but not in combination with each other
- Ritual of Dementia: Kill the Duchess of Dementia and take her place.
- Ritual of Mania: Kill the Duke of Mania and take his place.
Can't be completed
- The Antipodean Hammer: Find Amber and Madness Ore for two rival Blacksmiths.
- Ghosts of the Hill of Suicides: Help free five wandering souls.
- The Paranoid Roof Watcher: Find the hidden stash of an unknown drunk.
Shivering Isles adds 55 marked Places to the game.
Retaking The Fringe removes all four markers from the Fringe. When you find them again it adds to your 'Places Found' statistic.
Knights of the NineEdit
Knights of the Nine adds 11 possible quests to your journal.
- Pilgrimage: Complete the Pilgrimage of the Nine Divines to show that you are worthy.
- The Shrine of the Crusader: Retrieve the Helm of the Crusader from Pelinal's lost shrine.
- Priory of the Nine: Retrieve the Cuirass of the Crusader from the Priory of the Nine.
- Nature's Fury: Retrieve the Boots of the Crusader from the Shrine of Kynareth.
- The Path of the Righteous: Retrieve the Mace of Zenithar from the Chapel of Zenithar in Leyawiin.
- Wisdom of the Ages: Retrieve the Shield of the Crusader from Fort Bulwark.
- Stendarr's Mercy: Retrieve the Gauntlets of the Crusader from the Chapel of Stendarr in Chorrol.
- The Faithful Squire: Retrieve the Greaves of the Crusader from Lathon.
- The Sword of the Crusader: Retrieve the Sword of the Crusader and reconsecrate it.
- The Blessing of Talos: Obtain the ninth relic: The Blessing of Talos.
- Umaril the Unfeathered: Defeat Umaril and kill him for good, in both the physical and spiritual planes.
Pilgrimage, Priory of the Nine, Nature's Fury, The Path of the Righteous, Wisdom of the Ages, Stendarr's Mercy, The Sword of the Crusader and Umaril the Unfeathered add one fame point each, adding up to the eight more fame points.
Knights of the Nine adds 3 marked Places to the game.
Fighter's Stronghold adds one quest and one place to the game.
- Battlehorn Castle — A large castle west of Chorrol that can be won by defeating the attacking marauders (plugin-specific).
Horse Armor PackEdit
The Horse Armor Pack adds one quest to the game.
Mehrunes' Razor adds one quest and one place to the game.
- Unearthing Mehrunes Razor: Conquer one of the deepest and most challenging dungeons in all of Cyrodiil to claim this fearsome weapon.
- Sundercliff Watch — A very large fort far east of Bravil containing NPCs and vampires (download-specific).
Orrery adds one quest to the game.
- Repairing the Orrery: Harness the power of the stars. Rebuild the defiled Orrery and unlock the secrets of this Mages Guild Inner Sanctum.
Thieves Den adds one quest and one place to the game which is already marked on your map.
- Dunbarrow Cove — A medium-sized cave south of Anvil containing a home catering to thieves (plugin-specific).
Vile Lair adds one quest and one place to the game which is already marked on your map.
- Deepscorn Hollow: Deepscorn Hollow is an asylum for the wicked, a refuge from the persecution of the virtuous.
- Deepscorn Hollow — An underground lair southeast of Leyawiin catered to infamous characters (plugin-specific).
Wizard's Tower adds one quest and one place to the game which is already marked on your map.
- Frostcrag Spire: In the frozen mountains of Cyrodiil stands Frostcrag Spire, a tower of wonders for your magic-oriented character to call home.
- If you have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch installed, it fixes bugs with several quests, resulting in up to eight more Fame points.