The Patch for Purists, edited by Half11, aims to make the game completely bug-free (within the abilities of the Construction Set). It was originally forked from v1.6.3b of the Unofficial Morrowind Patch by Thepal. In addition to being under active development, it diverges from later versions of the community patches in that it aims to only fix bugs, avoid balance modifications, and document all its changes.
The current version, last updated in December 2020, covers almost every aspect of the game. An overview of the fixes can be found in its Patch Notes.
Complete details and downloads are available on the Morrowind Nexus.
The patch has three modules:
- Patch for Purists.esm
- The main module, with the vast majority of fixes.
- Patch for Purists - Book Typos.ESP
- Contains all changes to book text.
- Patch for Purists - Semi-Purist Fixes.ESP
- Contains debatable changes such as item weight consistency.
- Dubdilla Location Fix — This mod moves Dubdilla near Mount Assarnibibi to be consistent with dialogue in the quest A Cure for Vampirism. It is separate from Patch for Purists for compatibility reasons.
- Expansion Delay — Originally a module within Patch for Purists, this mod makes some changes to keep the two expansions from being overly intrusive. Most importantly, it delays the appearance of Dark Brotherhood assassins and limits the Solstheim rumor to certain NPCs.