|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Quests: written by Maroonroar, checked by Legoless
Services: not written
Personal Inventory: written by Yagutzal (already had boots, but expanded bit), checked by Wolfborn
House Contents: written by Jeancey (none), checked by Yagutzal (none)
Unique Dialogue: written by Maroonroar
|Location||West Gash Region, [-4,3] (map)|
|Follower||During Pemenie and the Boots of Blinding Speed|
Pemenie is a Redguard rogue trader who can be found on the road north of Caldera on the way to Ald'ruhn. She is wearing the Boots of Blinding Speed along with an expensive shirt, pants, and belt. She carries a Steel Viperaxe and up to 50 gold. Like all Redguards, she has a natural resistance to poison and disease, and can boost her health, strength, agility and endurance for a short period of time; otherwise, she knows no spells.
If you talk to her she will ask you to escort her to Gnaar Mok in exchange for the Boots. If you ask around in Gnaar Mok or Caldera you will discover she is a wanted felon.
If you mention the bounty over her head, Pemenie's disposition toward you will drop by 10 points each time you mention it, until she becomes completely annoyed and attacks you.
- Pemenie and the Boots of Blinding Speed: Escort this shady trader to Gnaar Mok in exchange for her flawed, but still very useful boots.
- "Hey there! Yes, you. Interested in a making a deal?"
- "I've got to get my stuff to Gnaar Mok."
- "Well, this is close enough. Thanks for your help. I suppose it's only fair that I give you your reward. Here, take them. Though it pains me to give them, you are now the owner of the Boots of Blinding Speed." (Goodbye)
- "Good that I'm finally here. Thanks for your help."
- Making a deal:
- "Look, I'm just a poor merchant just trying to make my way to Gnaar Mok with some trade goods. I could use an escort, though, since mine seems to have buggered off. If you'd be willing to take me there, I'll give you...no, I shouldn't. Although, it is a dangerous trip. All right, I'll give you the Boots of Blinding Speed, although I'll be overpaying you by quite a bit."
- I can take you to Gnaar Mok.: "Excellent...although, that seems to be quite a high payment. The Boots of Blinding Speed are a rare and wondrous thing. Never mind. I've made the deal, and I'm an honest woman. Let's get going." (Goodbye)
- Sorry. You're on your own.: "No? Well, no matter. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to take me up on my offer. Good day." (Goodbye)
- "You know the deal. You get me to Gnaar Mok, and I'll give you 50 septims. What? Oh, sorry. The Boots of Blinding Speed, then."
- "We don't have a deal."
- "Our deal is complete, friend. You've already robbed me blind, taking my precious boots. Begone!" (Goodbye)
- Boots of Blinding Speed:
- "A wondrous pair of boots indeed. The name says it all! I would hate to ever part with them."
- "Wondrous boots indeed. Never seen a pair like them."
- Pemenie the trader
- "That's me. Just an honest trader."
- [-10 disposition] "A bounty? On my head? Preposterous! It must be a case of mistaken identity. I can't imagine why anyone would want to arrest me. I've always been an honest trader."
- [-10 disposition] "As I've told you, it must have been someone else they were thinking of. This conversation is quickly becoming tiresome."
- [-10 disposition] "That's quite enough from you, %PCRace, I'll take my leave of you now." [Stops following if she is a follower]
- [Attacks player] "You've offended me for the last time." (Goodbye)
- There is no way to collect the bounty on Pemenie.
- If one is after boots, Pemenie can be killed upon meeting her; as she has an alarm stat of 0, she will not report your crime. If you kill her too close to other NPCs, however, they will likely report the crime as usual, and you'll receive a bounty as usual, even if you provoked her into attacking with the Bounty dialogue option.
- Visually she appears to wear boots all the time. However, her speed is normal when she is following you en route to Gnaar Mok without attacking, and her sight seems to be fine. If she is attacking, her speed is increased.
- Pemenie's dialogue will be bugged if you speak to the people of Gnaar Mok about "bounty" prior to talking to her for the first time. She will skip the first line of dialogue and will instead act as she is following you to Gnaar Mok. The only way to complete the quest is to repeatedly speak to her about her bounty until she attacks. ?