|This guide should not be used to suggest any cheats or exploits for making money. All methods must be 100% legitimate.|
Making money is an important aspect of gameplay. Whether you are a novice adventurer in need of training and supplies, a seasoned adventurer looking for a new house, planning on enchanting items, or creating your own spells, a stable source of income is essential.
The amount of money you can make is unlimited and you can make it fairly quickly, so do not be miserly! Spend your money freely to get the items you want or need. The objective of this guide is to make significant amounts of gold using methods that are not immediately obvious. Players just starting out should refer here.
- When selling to a merchant, you can get better prices by raising their disposition as well as ensuring you have a full Fatigue bar.
- Do not sell stolen items back to the merchant from whom you have stolen them. This will put a bounty on your head.
- Creature merchants buy items at base prices and have more gold with which to buy your loot; their prices are also unaffected by disposition and fatigue.
- You will exceed your encumbrance by carrying too many items; casting a Mark near a merchant will allow you to Recall to them when you're over-encumbered.
- Most containers in Morrowind contain loot based on leveled lists so higher-level characters have a better chance of obtaining higher-level loot (e.g. grand soul gems).
- Thus, consider holding off on looting chests / crates until you're at a higher level.
Obtaining Valuable ItemsEdit
This section lists methods of acquiring items with limited availability.
Quick Explanation: Receive a Daedric weapon as reward.
- Travel to Vassir-Didanat Cave south of Balmora.
- Find Dram Bero in Vivec's St. Olms Plaza, Haunted Manor.
- Reveal to him the location of the mine. Use/sell your reward.
Quick explanation: Steal a partial set of glass armor.
- Travel to Ald'ruhn Guild of Fighters.
- On the lower level of the guild, open the door to the quarters of Percius Mercius.
- Take the glass armor from the chest at the foot of the bed.
- You can also find 50 gold pieces and Flin in the locked (30) desk.
- The locked (100) chest contains a partial set of Orcish armor.
Quick Explanation: Repair broken glass daggers.
- Buy one badly damaged glass dagger, for a just a few coins, in each of the following locations:
- Repair them yourself or have them repaired; sell them for a profit.
Glass Netch DaggerEdit
Quick Explanation: Find an enchanted glass dagger in a secret cache.
- Travel to Gnaar Mok, Arenim Manor.
- In a hollow tree trunk southwest of the manor, find a Glass Netch Dagger stuck in a skull.
Master's Alchemy SetEdit
Quick Explanation: Steal Master's alchemical apparatus.
- Travel to Caldera, Guild of Mages.
- Enter the tower near Ernand Thierry and close the door behind you.
- Steal the master's alchemical set on the top of the tower.
- Travel to Balmora's high town.
- Enter Nalcarya of White Haven's shop.
- Crouch along the wall to hide from both Nalcarya and the Hlaalu guard.
- Open the crates lying in front of Nalcarya; it contains an almost-complete master's alchemical set.
Quick Explanation: Steal a partial set of Orcish armor.
- Travel to Caldera, Ghorak Manor.
- Go to the top floor and take the Orcish armor from one of the crates around Duma gro-Lag.
- You can also find gold and an enchanted blade on the rafters above him.
- You may loot any item in the manor without incurring a bounty as all of its occupants have zero Alarm.
Sword of White WoeEdit
Quick Explanation: Steal an enchanted ebony sword.
- Travel to Balmora, Eastern Guard Tower.
- Hide from the guard by standing behind the pillar, near the foot of the bed.
- Take the Sword of White Woe from the top of the closet.
Obtaining Limitless Quantities of ItemsEdit
This section lists methods of acquiring items with unlimited availability.
Quick Explanation: Kill respawning Dark Brotherhood assassins for their items.
- After installing Tribunal, the Dark Brotherhood assassins will start attacking you in your sleep. You can loot these assassins in two ways.
- First, you may choose to allow the assassins to continue.
- Every time you sleep, there is a chance that an assassin will try to kill you.
- At higher player levels, the odds of an attack increase.
- At level 20 or higher, you will be attacked by two assassins.
- Alternatively, you may choose to stop the attacks and hunt the Dark Brotherhood down.
- Report the attack to a guard, who will advise you to talk to Apelles Matius.
- Talking to him will stop the assassins from attacking you when you sleep. However, you can still kill the assassins in their secret hideout.
- Kill. Loot their corpses and dispose of them.
- Leave and reenter the area; the assassins will have respawned once more.
- Repeat as needed.
Quick Explanation: Kill respawning Daedra for their items.
- Go to a place with respawning, non-unique Daedra (e.g. Falas Ancestral Tomb at Gnisis, most Daedric shrines)
- Kill the Daedra in the area. Loot their corpses and dispose of them.
- Leave and reenter the area; the Daedra will have respawned once more.
- Repeat as needed.
Quick Explanation: Kill respawning NPCs for their items.
- Go to one of the many cities, towns or forts in Vvardenfell.
- Commit a minor crime to earn a small bounty.
- Lockpicking, or sleeping in an owned bed, will safely earn you a bounty of five gold.
- You may also pickpocket (25 gold bounty) a lone guard.
- Talk to a Guard or Ordinator. Resist arrest. Kill. Loot.
- Unlike in later games, only the guard you talked to will attack you. Also, you will NOT incur a bounty for murder.
- Repeat as needed.
- To clear your name, just pay off your (small) bounty. Make sure to drop all stolen and contraband items first; otherwise, they will be confiscated.
- If you are a member of the Thieves Guild, certain members of the guild can remove your bounty for half the price.
Quick Explanation: Make potions and sell them.
- Buy ingredients from restocking merchants.
- Using Alchemy, combine the ingredients into a potion.
- Sell the potions to the merchant. Repeat as needed.
Quick Explanation: Trap and sell souls.
- Buy soul gems, preferably from restocking merchants.
- Acquire the Soultrap spell effect. Cast it on a creature before killing it.
- Sell the soul gem/s with the captured soul/s. Repeat as needed.