Topal Island is a far-off island region located in the middle of the Topal Bay. The island is located roughly southeast of Leyawiin and northwest of Soulrest. It mostly consists of a shallow beach with a variety of tropical and deciduous trees, and a large volcano that is inaccessible. Criminal masterminds have built a hideaway on the island's beach and according to past history about the island, a volcanic eruption has never destroyed it.
Eroded ruins of Xanmeer structures dot the island, suggesting that there was once an ancient Argonian civilization that inhabited it before Duskfall. It has been near a number of interesting events due to its location.
Sometime after the Empire of Cyrodiil's collapse, pirates on the Topal Bay had terrorized the waters around the island. Voldar, the Terror of Topal Bay, plundered several ships west of Topal Island, and the Blue Wamasu, a notorious band of pirates would often hang around Topal Island's coast.
The Architects Guild had put the Grand Topal Hideaway on the market and corresponded with the office of a reputable attorney from Senchal for its sale. The guild had no information on the hideaway or even the islet's history. Only that the hideaway had not been destroyed by volcanic eruption for years, at least up until 2E 582. Transport to the island was provided by a ship southeast of Haven, on the coast of Fisherman's Isle.
- For game-specific information, see the ESO article.
- Field Guide to River Trolls — Phrastus of Elinhir
- Grand Topal Hideaway loading screen text in ESO
- Homestead Interview
- Grand Topal Hideaway location in ESO
- Pirates of Topal Bay — Tarnian Lovidicus, Chief Councilor
- Map from Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Invocation — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- Oblivion map of Tamriel
Note: The following references are deemed to be unofficial sources. They are referenced to round off this article and may not be authoritative or conclusive.
- ESO Writing Team r/elderscrollsonline Ask Us Anything
- ESO Cut Content - Topal Isle maps