|Resided in||Imperial City|
Emperor Moricar (also called Moricar the Middling) was the second member of the Reachman dynasty called the Longhouse Emperors who ruled the Empire of Cyrodiil during the Interregnum. He was preceded by his father, Durcorach, and succeeded by his son, Leovic. During Moricar's reign, when Prince Leovic returned to the Imperial City after a successful campaign against border raiders, the Emperor allowed his son to name his reward; Leovic requested and was granted Clivia Tharn's hand in marriage. Moricar the Middling, as he became known, also attempted to subjugate Western Skyrim at some point following High King Svargrim's coronation in 2E 561,[UOL 1] but his army was routed in a single battle by Svargrim's forces. Leovic succeeded him as Emperor at some point prior to 2E 564.
When Moricar's son, then Prince Leovic, came back triumphant from his first campaign against the border raiders, the Tharn family was in the Great Hall with the Elder Council and great nobles to receive him. Emperor Moricar praised the prince and decreed that he could name his reward. Prince Leovic didn't hesitate, walking right up to the Tharns and said, "Your Majesty, I want the Chancellor's daughter.", speaking of Clivia Tharn.
- Meet the Character - Clivia Tharn — Magus-General Septima Tharn
- The Wolf of Solitude — Pjetr the Skald, of the Bards College
- Report on the Despot of Markarth — Lady Nilene Devierin of Stormhaven, Teller of Tales
- Chronicles of the Five Companions 4 — Abnur Tharn
- Gold Coast Guide — Astinia Isauricus
- A Year Among the Eagleseer Clan — Glabrian Tuliel, University of Gwylim
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.