|Emperor Leovic as a zombie|
|Next Ruler||Varen Aquilarios|
|Resided in||Imperial City
- "The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!" —Leovic, in his undeath
Emperor Leovic was the last of the Reachman dynasty called the Longhouse Emperors who ruled the Empire of Cyrodiil during the Interregnum. Leovic married Clivia Tharn, daughter of Elder Council High Chancellor and Imperial Battlemage Abnur Tharn, before succeeding his father Moricar as Emperor at some point prior to 2E 566. At some point he put out a call for an Alik'ri trader to transport a shipment of arms across the desert, eventually resulting in Josajeh's brother Afarh accepting the opportunity and having his family's estate seized when the caravan was robbed. In 2E 573, he commissioned The Emperor's Guide to Tamriel, a comprehensive text describing the histories and cultures of each of Tamriel's provinces. Anvil Castle hosted Emperor Leovic and his court four times during the late 560's, though he was however an ungenerous man and was not well liked by the free-spirited citizens of Anvil. After the so-called "Anvil Commotion" of Mid Year 569 he and his court never returned to the Gold Coast again.[UOL 1]
An erstwhile supporter, Duke Varen Aquilarios of Chorrol led a popular rebellion against the eccentric Leovic after he outraged the populace by legalizing Daedra worship in 2E 576. The Longhouse Emperor's reign was brought to an end in 2E 577 when Varen stormed the Imperial City and killed him in the Imperial Throne Room. Varen subsequently discarded Leovic's corpse in crypts beneath the Imperial Sewers. In 2E 582, the corpse was discovered and reanimated first as a zombie and then as a flesh atronach by a trio of Worm Cultists, shortly before being destroyed by soldiers from the Alliance War.
- A tiny phial containing the blood of the former Emperor Leovic was supposedly collected at his regicide.
- For game-specific information, see the ESO article.
- Events of ESO: Imperial City
- Chronicles of the Five Companions 4 — Abnur Tharn
- Meet the Character - Clivia Tharn — Magus-General Septima Tharn
- Gold Coast Guide — Astinia Isauricus
- Josajeh's dialogue
- The Improved Emperor's Guide to Tamriel: Author Foreword — Flaccus Terentius, 2E 581
- Pirate Queen of the Gold Coast — Midara Salviticus, Historian, University of Gwylim
- The Frostfall Coup — Tandemen, Sapiarch of Foreign Observations
- Eulogy for Emperor Varen — Lord Abnur Tharn, Chancellor of the Elder Council
- Groundskeeper's Letter
- Mycaelis Julus Answers Your Questions — Mycaelis Julus
- Phial of Leovic's Blood item description
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.