The Buoyant Armigers were a small military order of the Tribunal Temple, exclusively dedicated to and answering to Lord Vivec. The Buoyant Armigers pattern themselves on Vivec's heroic spirit of exploration and adventure, and seek to emulate his mastery of the varied arts of personal combat, chivalric courtesy, and subtle verse. They serve the Temple as champions and knights-errant, and are friendly rivals of the more solemn Ordinators. Many members of House Redoran serve in the order, as their ideals are closely related.
The Buoyant Armigers were based out of Ghostgate and Molag Mar on Vvardenfell. They were tasked with containing the forces of Dagoth Ur within the Ghostfence and tracking down necromancers to bring them to justice. They were led by a Grand Marshal and Deputy Marshal, and used traditional chitin, glass and Daedric equipment. They notably use spiky glass equipment, an appearance inspired by the lessons in Vivec's sermons. It is unknown if they were related to the Hidden Armigers, the spy network of the Ebonheart Pact.
According to the founding myth of Vivec City, the Buoyant Armigers were formed when three houses 'trapped' Horde Mountain in a net of doubtful doctrine so that Vivec could pierce the monster with Muatra.
After Vvardenfell was opened for settlement in 3E 414, some members of the order joined the Imperial Fighters Guild. Galdal Omayn was Grand Marshal of the order during the fulfillment of the Nerevarine Prophecy in 3E 433. That year, the Armigers briefly feuded with the Imperial Legion, and several Temple relics were recovered from crusaders who perished within the Red Mountain region. During the Oblivion Crisis of 3E 433, Ghostgate was put under siege by the Daedra[UOL 1] and Vivec disappeared. It is unknown what became of the Buoyant Armigers after the rise of the New Temple.
- Buoyant Armigers: Swords of Vivec by Tarvus, Archcanon of Vivec — A description of the buoyant armigers
- Crafting Motif 47: Buoyant Armiger by Lord Vivec — A guide to crafting armor and weapons in the Buoyant Armiger style
- Songs of Vvardenfell — A collection of Dunmer songs collected by Jerin Dres
- Dialogue in Morrowind
- Events of Morrowind
- Buoyant Armigers: Swords of Vivec — Tarvus, Archcanon of Vivec
- Crafting Motif 47: Buoyant Armiger — Lord Vivec
- Events of ESO
- 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 24 — Vivec
- Rumors in Oblivion
- The Reclamations — Thara of Rihad
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.
- The Fall of Ald'Ruhn, The Imperial Library