Echateres are tusked mammals with tusks, pointed hooves and large antlers. They are found mainly in Wrothgar and serve the Orcs as livestock and beasts of burden. They provide meat, fur, vellum and milk for the Orcs. Those found in the wild are usually hostile. Young echateres are called echalettes.
The Elytra are large mantis-like creatures indigenous to much of the Shivering Isles. Although there is a marked color difference between the Mania and the Dementia Variety, they're otherwise identical. They are found in high concentrations in root tunnel systems and near caves, but inhabit almost the entire Isles. Some Elytra secrete a glowing green substance known as Felldew, prized as a powerful, addictive drug.
Emperor Crabs were gigantic crab-like creatures once native to Vvardenfell, contemporary with the early settled Chimer. The species died out long before 3E 427. The most famous Emperor Crab was called Skar, and its giant shell was incorporated into the city of Ald'ruhn. "Under Skar" was the manor district of the settlement, and housed the leaders of Great House Redoran as well as several merchants. Ald'ruhn was destroyed during the Oblivion Crisis by the Daedric armies of Mehrunes Dagon.
- Appears as a totem animal in the dragon claw puzzles in Nordic ruins in Skyrim
- Atmoran Eagle Totem Medallion furnishing in ESO
- All About Echatere — Stugbrulz gro-Shatul
- Fine Echatere Vellum contraband item in ESO
- Bulfor the Cheesemonger's existence and dialogue in ESO, as well as a line near the end of the book Dark Elves, Dark Hearts
- Orzorga's dialogue during A Healthy Choice
- The Flames of the Fetcherfly — Zabia-ko; mention of Echateres enjoying snow truffles