Legends:The Betrayal (Isle of Madness)
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Porcia Loran driven to insanity, and a grim discovery
The Betrayal The Betrayal
The Betrayal is a cutscene in Isle of Madness, which plays immediately after the mission Bthardamz Secret Passage.
- Talym: "The explosion and the gas conspired to kill most of the Reachmen, along with the Imperials. Technically, her mission was a success."
- Talym: "But witnessing such a massacre, with the murder of the priests weighing so heavily on her soul, was too much for Porcia to bear."
- Talym: "I hear she did not speak after that day, afraid to utter another command, or to share another secret, that might hurt someone."
- Talym: "She was, in other words, a better person than I. After all, I was the true architect of the atrocity."
- Talym: "I hadn't been sure the flowers would react violently with the poison... but had known they would not cure it."
- Talym: "Yet as I journeyed home, my guilt was a whisper, next to the expectant joy of seeing my son whole again."
- Talym: "Imagine then my horror, when I found my house empty. I ran to a neighbor, desperate for anyone who could tell me about my son."
- Talym: "My boy, Novos. Where is he? Did he run off? Did someone take him!?"
- Neighbor: "Talym, what are you saying? Novos is dead. He's been dead for more than a year. Don't you remember?"
- Neighbor: "We buried him... together."
Porcia and her phalanx were originally called Bretons. With patch 2.8, their audio and dialogue were updated to call them Imperials.
|Prev: Bthardamz Secret Passage||Up: Isle of Madness||Next: The Descent|