General: References to The Elder Scrolls in other Media< General
No Game No LifeEdit
- In the anime No Game No Life, there is a reference to the Arrow in the Knee trope. When Sora, one of the main protagonists, states after the credits of Episode 6 titled 'Interesting', "I used to be a gamer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee."
Sanctuary (TV series)Edit
- The TV show Sanctuary featured Daedric script used as runes for stone tablets, specifically at about the 8:15 minute mark of Season 3 of Episode 16 titled Awakening.
On the left tablet:
- AND I D LIKE TO TAKE ...
- BECAME THE PRINCE
- SIT SO JUST ... MINU
- THIS ... IS ... THE STOR(Y)
The Right Tablet:
- AND I D LIKET TO TAKE
- (VI)BECAM (HP) (IC) NRI
- ... N I STOR(Y)
These tablets references the opening for the show, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- The A Blood-Stained Note can be found in a Hollow Treestump, and was featured in the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind. It features two characters dubbed S and E, and since then, a trope of the two character leaving behind valuable items in hollowed out objects has also reached the Fallout series.
- Here is the equipment I told you about. Remember, the weak deserve no mercy.
- -- E
Fallout 3, found in a Hollowed-Out Rock outside of Megaton:
- Here's that stuff you wanted. If anyone asks where you got it -- say it was a gift from your grandma.
- Happy hunting!
Fallout 4, found outside the Salem Museum of Witchcraft:
- Been too long. Sorry I missed you at Megaton. Looks like history repeats itself. But, as promised, here's the gear I scrounged up.
- All the best, and stay safe. The Commonwealth is its own kind of Hell.
- In Sanctuary, NPCs can occasionally say "I used to be a Vault Hunter like you, until I took a bullet to the knee." This is a reference to the Bethesda game Skyrim, where guards often say "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.”
- The NPC Face McShooty also makes a reference to the "Arrow in the Knee" meme, when listing the places he doesn't want to be shot; "Not the KNEE, not the ARM, not the SPINE - FACE!"
- Roland also references the line when he first meets the Vault Hunters, saying "I used to be a Vault Hunter like you, until I founded the Crimson Raiders."
- During combat, bandits will occasionally shout "Never should have come here!" in reference to a line a lot of Skyrim NPCs commonly say during battle.
- In Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep there is a challenge for killing dragons called "Fus Roh Die".
- In Borderlands 3, New-U Stations will state "Hey. you. You're finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, right?" occasionally when you respawn.
- In the mobile game Castle Cats, one of the cats you can collect is named Dovah. He wears armor that resembles that of Whiterun Guards, as well as the iconic Dragonborn iron helmet, and has an arrow in his knee. His journal page initially says "Dovah loves being an adventurer - but all good things must come to an end." Later, as a reference to the (incorrect) theory that "arrow in the knee" actually means getting married, it says, "Dovah used to be a happy adventurer, but then he got married." One of his dialogue lines is "Stop right there, criminal!", which is likely a reference to the "Stop right there, criminal scum!" line from Oblivion.
- In DOOM (2016) (another game developed by a Zenimax subsidiary), during the Kadingir Sanctum mission, you can find a skeleton wearing the iconic Dragonborn iron helmet from Skyrim, with an arrow in its knee.
- In the game's story, during chapter 3.5, the mission called Honor will see that your partner gets shot in the knee by an arrow after being spotted by an enemy. Afterwards your partner will state "My knee! I hope I can keep adventuring".
In Runescape 3, the quest called Desperate Times features a book titled "The Lusty Asgarnian Maid". This is a reference to The Lusty Argonian Maid.
The Evil Within 2Edit
- When exploring Sebastian's house during Chapter 12, go upstairs and find the door to his office to the left of the stairs. The Mysterious Symbol is a mounted Ouroborous from The Elder Scrolls Online sitting on his desk.
- In Fallout 4, the Experimental Plant is a reference to Nirnroot, featured heavily in The Elder Scrolls Series.
- The Fallout 4 Creation Club Content features a Fantasy Hero Set which includes a Skyrim Iron helm and steel sword. The Creation also references Battlemages, levitation, and Golems.
- One of the Taboo Tattoos skillbooks located in Irish Pride Industries Shipyard features a draugr wearing the iconic Skyrim Iron helm.
- The weapon Grognak's Axe is the weapon used by Grognak the Barbarian, a fictional comic book character from the Fallout universe. The Axe is modeled off the weapon depicted in the Barbarian class image from Oblivion. The Iron Battle Axe from Oblivion is almost identical in appearance to both depictions, but both sides of the axe head are the same instead of being different sizes.
- On the road between Vault 96 and the Federal Disposal Field, one can find a cart driven by a tractor, inside are prisoners. This is a reference to the cart ride at the beginning of Skyrim, which spawned the popular meme with the phrase "Hey, you. You're finally awake." Additionally, if a player gets drunk on Nukashine, they wake up in the same cart facing in the same direction they would have in Skyrim.
- Horse Armor was included as a reference to the purchasable add-on for Oblivion.
- Minecraft: Skyrim Edition is an official Mash-Up pack featuring Skyrim-inspired textures, as well as Skyrim's soundtrack. It is available in multiple platforms associated with Minecraft Bedrock Edition.
Team Fortress 2Edit
- In TF2 there is a Dragonborn Helmet hat , which is based on the Iron Helmet from Skyrim. 
Warcraft III: ReforgedEdit
- There is a tombstone asset in Warcraft III: Reforged, with what appears to be "FUCK OU" written on it in the Daedric script. They were most likely spelling out "FUCK YOU", but chose to follow the rule of the Daedric Alphabet to omit any "X" or "Y".
Wolfenstein: The Old BloodEdit
- In the first level of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, you can encounter the Iron Helmet from Skyrim on an office desk. Picking up the helmet will give you 11 armor, a reference to Skyrim's release date.
The Witcher 3Edit
- In The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the Gwent card Black Infantry Archer has the text "I aim for the knee. Always." This is a reference to the Skyrim Arrow in the Knee meme.