On June 16, 2022, the 'GOG Cut' of Daggerfall Unity was released on GOG. This version is a Windows release with several mods pre-installed.
Features and improvements
Daggerfall Unity features a variety of improvements over classic Daggerfall, such as:
- Native support for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Many screen resolutions
- Open source code allowing for transparent modifications
- Much easier modding through Unity and C#
- Fewer bugs, including all quest fixes such as DFQFIX and new community quest fixes
- Improved enemy behavior
- Terrain generation with far greater height variance
- A far greater view distance even without applying mods
- New quest actions and conditions
- A quest debugger to show status for all active quests
- Native translation support
As of February 28, 2022, Daggerfall Unity's latest stable build is version 0.13.4. The project's current development stage is listed on the Roadmap.
- Bible — A work-in-progress comprehensive reference manual for all aspects of Daggerfall Unity.
- Bourn in Wood — A book written by Ted Peterson for Daggerfall Unity
- Character Creation Differences — Why creating a character in Daggerfall Unity is different than in Daggerfall
- Console — How to use the in-game console commands
- Default Shortcut Keys — List of "context sensitive" interface keys for menu buttons
- Gameplay Differences — Differences in how Daggerfall Unity works from Daggerfall
- Daggerfall Unity Nexus
- Released Mods section of the Daggerfall Workshop forums, where a few other mods can be found.
- Mods — Some community mods made for Daggerfall Unity
- Installing Mods — Instructions on how to apply the various types of Daggerfall Unity mods
- Mod Creation — Technical information about creating your own mods for Daggerfall Unity
- DaggerXL — A project attempting to rewrite Daggerfall's game engine