Daggerfall Unity is a fan-made open source project to recreate Daggerfall in the Unity engine.
Features and improvements
Daggerfall Unity features a variety of improvements over classic Daggerfall, such as:
- Native support for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Many screen resolutions
- Open source code allowing for transparent modifications
- Much easier modding through Unity and C#
- Fewer bugs, including all quest fixes such as DFQFIX and new community quest fixes
- Improved enemy behavior
- Terrain generation with far greater height variance
- A far greater view distance even without applying mods
- New quest actions and conditions
- A quest debugger to show status for all active quests
- Native translation support
As of June 6, 2021, Daggerfall Unity's latest stable build is version 0.11.4. The project's current development stage is listed on the Roadmap.
- Character Creation Differences — Why creating a character in Daggerfall Unity is different than in Daggerfall
- Gameplay Differences — Differences in how Daggerfall Unity works from Daggerfall
- The Console — How to use the in-game console commands
- Shortcut Keys — List of "context sensitive" interface keys for menu buttons
- Getting Started Playing — Beginner`s guide to non-obvious ways in how Daggerfall Unity plays
Daggerfall Unity section of Nexus Mods The storage site for most Daggerfall Unity mods.
Released Mods section of the Daggerfall Workshop forums, where a few other mods can be found.
- The Daggerfall Workshop website The main development page, including updates and news.
- The Daggerfall Workshop forums Web forums with help, support, and up-to-date information regarding Daggerfall Unity and its mods.
- Live Builds The page to download the current version of Daggerfall Unity.
- The Daggerfall Unity section of Nexus Mods For hosting and organization of several mods.
- DaggerXL: A project attempting to rewrite Daggerfall's game engine.