- Talk to a noble.
- Head to the town the noble's first contact is staying in.
- Give the diamond to the contact and get a magical item in return.
- Travel to the town the second contact is staying in.
- Give the second contact the magical item within the time limit to collect your reward.
Room for One MoreEdit
Speak to a noble, who says:
- "I have a somewhat complicated mission that needs a fourth man involved. It might take a couple of days to accomplish, but it will mean an extra (random gold) gold in your pocket. Sound intriguing?"
The noble goes on:
- "I have a contact in (first town) who has a certain item needed by another associate of mine in (second town). Of course, (first contact's name), my contact in (first town) needs to be paid for (his/her) item. That is why I need you to bring this diamond as payment to (first contact's name). The diamond needs to be in (his/her) possession in (first time limit) days. Once you have made it to (building), (first contact's name) will give you further instructions. Thank you, (player's first name), and (random god) be with you."
The noble answers:
- "That is a disappointment. Ah well."
The Ultimate CourierEdit
This is a simple delivery quest. Start by traveling to the town the first contact is staying in. Find the contact and deliver the diamond. The building where the contact is staying may be locked, so come prepared to pick the lock or cast an Open spell, just in case. Talk to the contact, who will say:
- "Thank (random god) you've arrived, (player's first name). Give me the diamond quick. Now take this (magical item) and bring it to (second contact's name) over in (second building) -- that's in (second town). Once you're there, (he/she) will pay you."
Take the magical item and travel to the second town. Find the second contact there by asking around. Once you have found them, hand over the magical item to collect your reward.
When you hand over the magical item, the second contact will say:
- "Ah, the (magical item). I was afraid it would never arrive. Well, here's your (random gold) gold, as promised. Tell ( ) I am in (his/her) debt. And thank you as well."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Noble you got the quest from||+5|
|Noble's associated factions||+2|
If you don't deliver the diamond or the magical item in time, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- If you keep one of the items you are meant to deliver, it will remain in your inventory after the time limit has expired, unlike most quest items.
- Due to an error in the quest dialogue, the second contact refers to the first contact by using his or her own name.
- This is addressed by DFQFIX; the proper NPC's name is used.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Second contact's name) in (second town) is still screeching about (his/her) (magical item)."
- "(Oath), that (first contact's name) is greedy. Wouldn't help (his/her) own mother without payment."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear (noble's name) is mad as hell at some (player's race) adventurer."
- "(Second contact's name) left (second town) in a rage over some kinda lost magical item of (his/her)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I wonder what the connection is between (noble's name) and (second contact's name)."
- "I hear (first contact's name) sold (his/her) (magical item). What in Tamriel could the price have been?"
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Well, if it isn't (player's name), the ultimate courier. How are you, my friend?"
- "You helped me when I was in need, (player's first name). What can I do for you?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "I take it you've come to apologize for your incomplete couriering, (player's first name). Apology not accepted. Leave me now."
|The Fourth Man (r0c10y15)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Noble's name) of (noble's town) has sent me to a contact of (his/her) in (first town), a (first conact's description) named (first contact's name), at (building). I am to deliver a (diamond) to (him/her), and then receive further instructions. I have (first time limit) days to get to (first town).|
|1||(Date): (First contact's name) has sent me on to (second contact's name) in (second building) of (second town). I am to bring (him/her) a (magical item) within (second time limit) days.|