- Talk to the quest giver at a Thieves Guild hall.
- Travel to another town and meet your contact, or:
- Receive a letter during your journey via a delivery boy.
- Head to the town mentioned in the letter.
- Meet the new contact at the location mentioned in the letter.
- Give either contact the drugs within the time limit and collect your reward.
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "(Player's first name), I got a job for you if you're interested. A little package needs delivering to (first town). What do you say?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "Great. Here's the package, some (drugs). It needs to be in (first town) as soon as possible. (First contact's name) will meet you there in (first building). Be careful. If word of this shipment leaks out, we may have a bit of trouble with some freelance smugglers who think they own the business in (region).
The quest giver answers:
- "Don't do me any favors, pal."
Making the DropEdit
Travel to the town where your contact waits. There are two possible scenarios:
- If you manage to make it to the meeting place within one to about three days, your contact will take the drugs from you and give you the promised reward.
- If you can't reach the meeting place within this period of time, your contact will leave. You will then be approached:
- A small, dirty boy tugs on your sleeve. He hands you a scrap of paper then dashes off down an alley.
Read the letter:
- (Player's name)
- Sorry I couldn't meet you in (first town)
- as planned. The heat got too intense for me
- to wait around. I've arranged an alternate
- drop in (second town). Look for a (second contact's description)
- waiting for you in (second building).
- Watch your back,
- (First contact's name)
Travel to the town mentioned in the letter. Along the way, you may encounter a rival group of smugglers who will attack you on sight. When hit, the first of these will say:
- "When are you Thieves Guild thugs going to learn that we control the (drugs) business around (region)?"
Deal with them and learn the location of your new contact by asking around in town. Find and speak to the contact to hand over the drugs and collect your reward.
When you give the drugs to either of the two contacts, they will say:
- "I'm glad you made it through. These amateurs don't stand a chance against our organization. Here's (random gold) gold for your services. Good work."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
- 10x One Assassin every ten in-game minutes (10% chance) once the first time limit has run out
- The overall time limit of this quest depends on the distances from the town you got the quest to the two other locations. However this time limit is not mentioned anywhere during the quest.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear the Thieves Guild is having some trouble with an upstart smuggling ring."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "It looks like the Thieves Guild is going to have to give up its monopoly on smuggling in (region)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The Thieves Guild seems to have quashed those rival smugglers that were giving them trouble."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Hey, good old (player's name), I remember you. My reliable courier."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "So, the smuggler who can't deliver the goods returns. What do you want?"
|Drugs Delivery (o0b00y12)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I am on my way to (first town) with a shipment of (drugs) for (first contact's name), who will meet me in (first building). I was warned to watch out for thugs from a rival smuggling ring.|
|1||(Date): I just got a note from (first contact's name) saying (he/she) was unable to meet me in (first town). (He/She) told me to go to (second town) instead, and deliver the shipment to a (second contact's description) in (second building).|