- Talk to the quest giver at the Akatosh Chantry or the Order of the Hour.
- Travel to the dungeon named by the quest giver.
- Find your target there and slay him.
- Return to the quest giver within the time limit and collect your reward.
Death of the DragonsEdit
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "If you are, by chance, looking for work, an easy (gold) gold pieces, I just might have a job for you. It'll involve some combat, but you look like you wouldn't mind that. Does it sound like a possibility?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "Very good. You know that Akatosh is the God of Time, but He is also a Dragon God, and we hold dragons as our holy symbol. One of our members of our fighting order, the Order of the Hour, has apparently gone berserk and taken to attacking our dragons right in the sacred grove. Of course, the murderer must be stopped. You will find the dragonslayer in a place called (dungeon). If you are not successful within (time limit) days, we will send the Order of the Hour in and your reward will be forfeited. May Akatosh bless you in your quest."
The quest giver answers:
- "I see. Well, that is disappointing."
Slay the DragonslayerEdit
Head to the dungeon named by the quest giver and enter it. Find and kill the dragonslayer, who will appear as an archer or a knight. There may be multiple instances of these enemies in the dungeon, but you must kill the specified target to successfully complete the quest. When the correct target has been slain, you hear the dragonslayer's final words:
- "The Akatosh Chantry...wins. All I ever...wanted to...do was free the...dragons." The dragonslayer is dead.
Return to the quest giver for your reward.
Upon your return, the quest giver says:
- "I am glad to see you back, (player's first name). And your mission was a success. As promised, here are your (random gold) gold. Thank you for your service."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||+5|
|Temple and its associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-2|
|Temple and its associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: Any of the followings:
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The Akatosh Chantry's pretty angry that one of their own is a dragonslayer."
- "I say that sneak has every right to kill dragons. Nasty violent creatures."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "It's a good thing that the dragonslayer got away."
- "Now more dragons will be killed."
- "I hear the Order of the Hour is chasing the dragonslayer across (region)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I wonder if the Akatosh Chantry is going to try and stop every dragonslayer."
- "Ah, it's getting so you can't even slay a dragon anymore without trouble."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "What can I do for the great protector of the dragons, (player's first name)?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "I trusted you to slay that dragonslayer, (player's first name). Never shall I do that again."
|Avenge the Dragons (d0b00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Akatosh Chantry has asked me to hunt down someone who has been attacking the dragons in their sacred grove. I need to go to (dungeon), kill the dragonslayer, and be back at the Chantry in (town) in (time limit) days.|