|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Once the Fourth and Fifth Trials are completed, go to the Temple Canton in Vivec to meet with Archcanon Tholer Saryoni.
- Talk with Danso Indules in the Temple tunnel to arrange the meeting with the Archcanon.
- Enter the Archcanon's office from the locked back door in the Hall of Wisdom.
- Talk with Archcanon Tholer Saryoni to arrange a meeting with Vivec.
- Go south to the Palace of Vivec, and talk with the god.
- Receive the five step plan to defeat Dagoth Ur.
Overview of the Fourth and Fifth TrialsEdit
By now you should have either completed the Fourth and Fifth Trials (being named Hortator by the three Great Houses and Nerevarine by the four Ashlander Tribes), or bypassed them (by being at least level 20 and having 50 or more reputation). You will be told that you should meet with the Archcanon in Vivec High Fane, so head there now.
Finding the ArchcanonEdit
Meet with Danso Indules in the Temple Canton of Vivec, in the central exterior tunnel. Danso says that Archcanon Saryoni is waiting for you in his private quarters in the East Chapel of the High Fane. Once you enter the High Fane, you quickly discover that the Archcanon is actually behind a door. Unfortunately there's an Ordinator standing nearby which means that none but the most stealthy of characters may wish to try it. There is a back door from the Hall of Wisdom and, although the door is still , there's no Ordinator on watch.
Talking with the ArchcanonEdit
Once inside the Archcanon's office, you can talk with Tholer Saryoni. Choose "Temple's doctrine," and after a brief talk, you are given the choice to visit the god Vivec, who will hopefully shed some more light on the current situation. When you say yes, you are given two keys: for the Archcanon's office and the Palace of Vivec. You are warned that the Ordinators are still not under Tholer's control.
Meet with VivecEdit
The Palace of Vivec can be found at the top of the puzzle canal, south of the Temple Canton. You can find Vivec just inside the entrance. Vivec goes over the plan for you to follow in the future (assuming you accept all the items and oaths). You receive the Wraithguard, a powerful right gauntlet needed to defeat Dagoth Ur. Vivec gives you his blessing and says that he will end the persecution of the Dissident Priests and the Nerevarine by the Tribunal Temple (After which the Temple ends its hostility and you can join the Temple or complete any open Temple quests). You receive detailed plans on exactly how to go about defeating Dagoth Ur.
Plan to Defeat Dagoth UrEdit
The plan involves five basic steps:
- A series of aggressive raids within the Ghostfence.
- A series of aggressive raids to neutralize Dagoth Ur's ash vampire kin and recover artifacts from the bodies of said kin.
- An assault of Gate Citadel Vemynal to neutralize Dagoth Vemyn and recover the artifact hammer Sunder.
- An assault of Gate Citadel Odrosal, to neutralize Dagoth Odros and recover the artifact blade Keening.
- An assault of Citadel Dagoth Ur with the artifacts Wraithguard, Sunder, and Keening to sever Dagoth Ur's connection to the Heart of Lorkhan and thus to destroy Dagoth Ur.
The plans Vivec gives you are detailed and are of great aid, so read and use them.
These codes can be used along with the
Journal Console command and quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Hlaalu Hortator
|Up: Main Quest||Next: The Citadels of the Sixth House
A Lucky Coin